A boxer for boxermom

What a lovely dog, so pleased he has a lovely home with you.

Perhaps you could tell me why do they do this awful thing to boxers ears, I think they do it to Great Danes to is this a USA thing. in England we do not do this we are also trying to get away from tail docking

I agree 100% with you on this issue. I don't know of any other country besides the US that does it. To show the boxer in the US, I think it's required:cursing: . The boxers we got as puppies, we left their ears natural. The tails were already docked. I am seeing a few more boxers with natural tails than I used to. The Great Dane's ears are so large, that often after cropping the ears flop anyway--why put the dog thru that unnecessary pain? I don't get it either.:confused1:

kallison--I can't believe someone said that about your beautiful Ruby! I'm sure you are like me--I tell my dogs every day that they're beautiful and I love them.:love:

Irishgal--that's what I thought--the ugly one was the previous owner--an ugly soul.:yucky:

In England we are seeing a lot more boxers with tails, do not do the ear chop thing at all think its illegal. What amazes me is the boxers have such lovely tails really quite long why they want to cut them of I do not know

Best wishes to you and Sabo! How wonderful of you to make Sabo part of your family. He's going to love his forever home. I know from reading many of your other posts that you're a dog lover! All of you are lucky to have found each other.

Oh wow! Sabo is one handsome boy! Congrats. Let me tell you, the love a boxer has to give and the humor they have is sooooooo unbelievably wonderful and endless!!! Enjoy your new baby!

The tails of working and hunting dogs used to be docked primarily as a preventative measure: when working in the field tail breaks and cuts and such were fairly common and always *ugly* lots of bleeding, so they would dock as SOP, much like removing the dew claws.

Ears were commonly docked for a similar reason- they would get ripped off in fights :crybaby: So prevent that, they'd clip them.

So very sad.

I love that we are starting to see the natural state dogs in the US as imported dogs are being shown and bred more frequently. :yes:

Sabo is gorgeous!!! He is so lucky to have found a lovely home :love:

In England we are seeing a lot more boxers with tails, do not do the ear chop thing at all think its illegal. What amazes me is the boxers have such lovely tails really quite long why they want to cut them of I do not know