A Black shw Jumbo & Maxi TOO similar???

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
Hi Everyone,
Currently my one and only Chanel bag is my black caviar shw Jumbo (single flap) which I absolutely love but I recently got the itch for another Chanel and I love the idea of the Maxi since its a little bigger. I like the ease of the single flap so I would most likely be buying pre-owned.

I think I prefer silver hardware since I feel it makes it a little more casual since it is a big bag and I definitely like black caviar for everyday. Is it totally ridiculous given that this will be my 2nd Chanel bag that they will look SOOO similar?

Should I go with Ghw instead?

Also I'm very short (only 4 11") Instead of a big tote bag I would prefer the single flap Maxi but don't have a Chanel near me to get an idea of how the size looks on me. Do you think it will look too big?

Thanks!:smile:

Hi Everyone,
Currently my one and only Chanel bag is my black caviar shw Jumbo (single flap) which I absolutely love but I recently got the itch for another Chanel and I love the idea of the Maxi since its a little bigger. I like the ease of the single flap so I would most likely be buying pre-owned.

I think I prefer silver hardware since I feel it makes it a little more casual since it is a big bag and I definitely like black caviar for everyday. Is it totally ridiculous given that this will be my 2nd Chanel bag that they will look SOOO similar?

Also I'm very short (only 4 11") Instead of a big tote bag I would prefer the single flap Maxi but don't have a Chanel near me to get an idea of how the size looks on me. Do you think it will look too big?

A maxi is a pretty big bag. I think you really should see if there is any way you could tell how it looks on you, even it it boils down to cutting out a bag from paper with the measurements of the maxi. :smile:

The maxi is pretty huge, I think. And if you're 4'11" personally I think it would look really oversized on you, but if you love the look of huge bags then I see nothing wrong with getting what you love. As for another black with SHW flap, yeah I think it's kind of duplicative and doesnt really add any variety to your collection. But again, get what you love and will use :smile:

Thank you, I think you guys are right. Do you think gold hardware makes the bag different enough? My mother is on vacay in Vegas and was kind enough to take some pics for me of a Maxi with ghw for size reference since she is the same height and size as me and compare it to a Jumbo with shw like mine(on the left in the pic). She didn't think the Maxi was too big, how do you think the Maxi looks?

Attachments

• get-attachment-6.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-6.aspx.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 622
  • get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment-7.aspx.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
It's definitely a big bag with an oversized look, but I like it as an everyday bag- it looks good in your mom's pics. I think you should go for the gold HW though! 2 black flaps with silver HW is too much I think!

I have both jumbo and maxi in black caviar/sh. I am around 5'4 but fuller sized :smile: , and even I find that the Maxi is noticeably larger on me than a jumbo. If you're 4'11 and petite I think it may swamp your frame, However, if you love it, just go for it (no regrets). Ideally, try and go to a Chanel store to try on a maxi, if not, cut a piece of paper to size, and stick it to the outside of your existing jumbo to see the sizing on you

^ Thank you. My mom is the same size and height on me and liked the size of the Maxi and didn't think it was too big and I don't think it looks too big from the pics.

After seeing the pics I do like the gold hardware on the Maxi but I think I prefer lambskin with gold on black classic flaps for some reason but I prefer caviar for everyday which is what I had planned to use this bag for. Is a lambskin Maxi with gold hardware impractical for everyday because it is so delicate?

Hi Everyone,

i have both shw n ghw.. but the ghw seems got tarnished n chipping a bit..the shw is very durable n elegant n it suits with any kind of colors, occasion n attire. im kindda have a GHW regret..so regret! but u have to go with what u love. if u want to have a modern celebrities style, go for shw with black caviar..or ghw with beige claire caviar

Thank you, I think you guys are right. Do you think gold hardware makes the bag different enough? My mother is on vacay in Vegas and was kind enough to take some pics for me of a Maxi with ghw for size reference since she is the same height and size as me and compare it to a Jumbo with shw like mine(on the left in the pic). She didn't think the Maxi was too big, how do you think the Maxi looks?
ur shw is better. it's a rare piece..the ghw looks too common..n there are so many people carrying the ghw.. including the fake chanel flap bags.

I have a black jumbo with SHW and a black maxi with GHW (both are caviar single flaps though and there is no chipping on the GHW thank goodness). I use them both for different needs, types of outfits and have never regretted the purchases. If you love the maxi and feel that you will use it and love it, go for it. It is great on to have on those days when you just want and need to carry more. Good luck deciding!

I think that if you love the maxi, you should get it. I don't think it looks disproportionate in the pic. Re hw, for some reason, I prefer shw in both the jumbo and maxi and GHW in the m/l. It looks like the GHW has been giving many people a hard time, so I would get SHW if I were you....specially if you are going to use the bag for everyday. Let us know what you decide! And good luck :smile:

I think the maxi is a bit too big but you should get it if you love it! You can definitely make it work. If it were me, I would not get silver hardware again just because your two bags will be too similar.

Thank you so much ladies… I think I have definitely ruled out silver because it will look like a slightly bigger version of the same bag :nuts:

If I decide the Maxi is too big I may get a 2nd Jumbo with ghw and possibly lambskin instead of caviar like my other Jumbo.

What are your opinions of a maxi or jumbo in lambskin? not practical? too easily scratched?