A bit late but.. Tavern on the Green?

Christine

Back in 5 minutes..
O.G.
Sep 15, 2006
Ladies (and Gents):

I posted around a month ago that my parents were getting remarried. So the big event is this weekend in NYC and they chose TOTG for brunch on Saturday. I visit NYC about 5x per year but have never been there. Is it touristy? Is there an extreme dress code? Is the food okay? (ps my sister and I are payin'.. lol).

Anyhow I plan to wear a nice pair of dress pants with heels and a white turtleneck. (my Ribera will tie it together nicely.. lol). Any thoughts on this?

Anything else I am forgetting? Mods you may move this if this is the wrong place to post!

C.

Lucky the weather will warm up quite a bit by the weekend, it has been REALLY cold all week, dipping down to ~zero degree. I've been to the Tavern, and it is nice, it reminded me of a jewel box with the decorated halls. Don't remember much else tho, it's one of those places that's fun to visit. It'll probably be touristy in the area on a weekend. What you're wearing sounds fine for brunch!

Yup. The weather has been extremely cold and will be some what better this weekend.
TOTG has a beautiful setting, a lovely decor, service is great, food is good but it is touristy, more so, in the Summer than now.
Your dress code sounds just right.

I'm confident you will have a wonderful time there.