A Big BAG gap!!!

Have fun with the Evelyne! I think it works best in fun colors.

Oh...
Dont forget about the Evelyne's evil twin the Vespa either...

Ooohhh---I like the Vespa!

I agree that I like the Evelyn in colors; maybe potiron, though for the type of vacation you were describing, I would vote barenia.

Long post warning!!!

So, I just got back from a fab. family vacation in Hawaii. :drool::graucho:Wisely left Kelly at home and also my rouge Trim (the color was not right for the outfits I packed) and I just schlepped my trusty LV Speedy along (holds all my kids' junk...camera...water...just everything.)

This was the first real resort trip we've done in a long time but after 1-2 days on that Maui beach, I realized something:
ACK!!!! I neeeeeeed an Evelyne!!!!!!!!!!

This type of vacation was great because everything was so easy and casual. I could clean up after the beach and just throw on a tank/bermudas/Twilly in my hair or a breezy little dress and a cute pair of flip flops and be all set. But the Speedy felt HOT in that humid weather and kind of kept getting in the way when we were sightseeing or I was trying to manage the kids. ALso, many of the cafes we ate at were literally in faux sand "barefoot" bars (no place to set nice bags!) With my "resort-wear" it also LOOKED too "heavy" and dark. I had to buy a simple woven shoulder bag (like Eric Javits) to tote around for the week. Perfect - but it just wasn't Hermes!! I decided that the ideal bag for that trip would've been an Evelyne pm. Hands-free, casual, lightweight, can be converted to a shoulder bag using a charm. Seriously, much of my week was spent whining over an Evelyne and I won't take another trip like this without one!!! :nogood:

So, after years of going back and forth about this bag, I'm 100% sure I'm getting one. I'm just not sure about color. I've always loved it in Blue Jean, but lately I've been intrigued by Etoupe! No chocolate or black (too much in my closet and too dark for the look I want.) But I want it to be an everyday type of bag that can go with most everything...
Please help me on color.....!!!!

there is an amazing GM in NYC in gris tourterelle..........

Thanks, Rose! For me, even the Trim (or something like a Massai) would've felt wrong. It was all about the Hands-free option that really woul've been nice. And since we were in boats sometimes or places where I could'n't set a bag down, with the Evelyne, I just would've kept the bag slung across my chest even while sitting.

oh, man, that didn't really help GT! Either etoupe or BJ would go with the majority of your wardrobe, and match your colouring!

OK, personally, while I like etoupe, I think the Ev. looks so casual chic in Blue Jean, and you KNOW you love Blue Jean, so you can't really go wrong.

BJ was my first thought. Funny, my fave. outfit there was layered brown and white tanks, big chunky red coral necklace and LOL - my funky Lucky Brand Jeans camo. print bermudas! I love those! Would a BJ bag go with that? hmmm?

This IS a dilemma. I thought of etoupe immediately (such a lovely color) but given your penchant for greens and browns...I do think BJ would be fab (great with jeans and such, too!) Oh, do keep us posted!

Thanks, Rose! For me, even the Trim (or something like a Massai) would've felt wrong. It was all about the Hands-free option that really woul've been nice. And since we were in boats sometimes or places where I could'n't set a bag down, with the Evelyne, I just would've kept the bag slung across my chest even while sitting.

Yes, I totally agree, a hands free option is a must.

Kind of leaning towards BJ... but now I'm a wee bit intrigued by indigo Clemence...
I need to visit that Evelyne thread again!

LOVE Barenia, but not for the rain in tropical places, right?

Ironically I just tried on a Blue Jean Evelyne and I loved it... I believe the one I tried on was a PM. It seemed like a bag I could use for everyday, especially since my wardrobe has about 20 jean skirts in it...

GT, a bj clemence evelyne (or bolide) would be soo right for the beach or resort. I found a similar bag gap myself while at a Maui resort and decided I need a 28 bj kelly, lol. Maybe a toile garden party, too, for the towels, extra clothes and water bottles...