A Better Result

kmccrea

Designer At Large
Apr 28, 2006
I made another shirt like the one that was too big. I made sure to make it in the right size and it fits beautifully. I wanted to post a picture with me wearing the shirt, but I am having a not at all photogenic day. I'll try that again later and make sure all parts of my body (including hair) are cooperating. Anyway, I did want you all to see my shirt.
Kate
gauze shirt3.jpg
gauze shirt4.jpg

Thanks, Pursemama!
It is a loose fitting top with some shaping at the waistline. Very cool in the heat of a Phoenix summer!
Maybe a couple of 24 or 30 inch strands. I prefer my jewelry small and understated. Red or blue would go nicely or even silver.
Kate

passerby said:
Very nice. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you?

Since the top has no closures it took about 3 hours from cutting to throwing the finished top into the washing machine. I've made 3 (all different fabrics and neck treatments) so far including the one which was too big. The top is like a t-shirt without being "t-shirt". Easy and cute!
Kate

passerby said:
3 hours - wow! Well, your shirt looks pretty and comfortable so congrats!

Thanks!
I have been sewing for over 20 years (it's what I do) and I can whip out projects like this in a very short time. I call them my "instant gratification" projects. The top is very close to beginner level and a great project for some one learning or just starting to sew.
Kate