A Berkley or an Imac?

Cara Mia

Aug 17, 2007
The fiance and I went Christmas shopping this past Sunday, and while we were downtown in SF he suggested going into the LV store. I looked around a bit, and what really caught my eye (the only bag, really), was the Berkeley. It's just so cute! I love the little plaque on the front, and the size, ect. After trying it on, he asked me "so is that what you want Santa Claus to bring you?" lol.. he's so cute sometimes. I said yes, and I'm excited about getting it.

But... the other day we were at the Apple store. We both have iPhones, and he has the iPad 1 and I have the 2. Oh and I have an old iPod he got me yrs ago. I really enjoy my iDevices, but when it comes to computers, I've always been a PC girl. I have an Asus laptop I bought in 08 that still runs fantastically, it's the main computer of the house. But we looked at the iMacs, specifically the high end one with the huge screen, and.. ooh :P It looks amazing. I'm a tech fan btw, I love stuff like that.

So I'm thinking about how fun it would be to have a brand new computer, to learn the Mac system and play with Garage Band and just see all the stuff a Mac can do and how it's different than my PC, ect. I don't need a new computer in any way, but then, I don't NEED a new LV bag, do I. It's not like I haven't had a new handbag this year either, but my other handbags are mostly Balenciaga. I've been a bbag fiend for years, and as much as I love them, it might be time for a change, and to get something different, and the LV is much more durable and rugged.

They're both roughly the same price, around 1800 I think.

Which would you girls pick? I'd really love some input here, I'm honestly torn.

The fiance and I went Christmas shopping this past Sunday, and while we were downtown in SF he suggested going into the LV store. I looked around a bit, and what really caught my eye (the only bag, really), was the Berkeley. It's just so cute! I love the little plaque on the front, and the size, ect. After trying it on, he asked me "so is that what you want Santa Claus to bring you?" lol.. he's so cute sometimes. I said yes, and I'm excited about getting it.

But... the other day we were at the Apple store. We both have iPhones, and he has the iPad 1 and I have the 2. Oh and I have an old iPod he got me yrs ago. I really enjoy my iDevices, but when it comes to computers, I've always been a PC girl. I have an Asus laptop I bought in 08 that still runs fantastically, it's the main computer of the house. But we looked at the iMacs, specifically the high end one with the huge screen, and.. ooh :P It looks amazing. I'm a tech fan btw, I love stuff like that.

So I'm thinking about how fun it would be to have a brand new computer, to learn the Mac system and play with Garage Band and just see all the stuff a Mac can do and how it's different than my PC, ect. I don't need a new computer in any way, but then, I don't NEED a new LV bag, do I. It's not like I haven't had a new handbag this year either, but my other handbags are mostly Balenciaga. I've been a bbag fiend for years, and as much as I love them, it might be time for a change, and to get something different, and the LV is much more durable and rugged.

They're both roughly the same price, around 1800 I think.

Which would you girls pick? I'd really love some input here, I'm honestly torn.

Well, I might be a little biased, but I love my 6 year old MacBook to death:lol:.
I would say, go for the MacBook!

Is there anything wrong with your current computer at all? I know an iMac would be more useful than a bag, but it seems like it'd be a waste to replace your perfectly working computer that you're using now for a new one? I love my macbook, and I'm a diehard apple fan as well, but I'd rather buy a bag if I had no use for a new computer ATM!

Since it's a Christmas present, it should be something for yourself.. Not something for everybody.. I mean, if you will get the purse, then definitely, that's gonna be for you, only you. But with the iMac, both of you will be using it and so the gift that's supposed to be yours is gonna be for both of you. I hope you know what I'm saying.. :lol:

I love Apple products.. I have the first generation iPod, first generation iPhone, first iPad, then iPhone 4s.. I have a macbook and I don't think I will ever go back to a PC. But again, a Christmas present should be something for yourself, not for everybody. Do I sound selfish??:blush::giggles: I guess both of you can fund the iMac next time..:smile: that's just me though.. hope you make the right decision!:smile:

I think it depends on how old your computer is. I got a MacBook pro 2 years ago for Christmas and then got my Vernis Alma last year. This year, it is LV again for me since my computer still works for me.

I also love my gadgets, so I understand your problem!!

i love my imac!! (haha DH got the 27" for my birthday this year.) crazy that i'm even typing this but i would give up any of my LV for the mac. its so user friendly, the best PC i owned to date.

I would wait until something happens to your current computer before getting a new one. That's what I did. I had been eyeing the iMacs for over a year but kept telling myself that my 5 year old laptop was still (surprisingly) running great (it was a trooper). Then it got a virus. After trying to get it fixed we just decided to get the new iMac.

Also, may I suggest considering the smaller iMac? I had to because the big one wouldn't fit under the hutch of my desk, and after I got it set up, it looked so huge in my house. My husband thought we had accidentally gotten the 27 inch screen. And my house is not small. I can only imagine how the large one would look in here.

I vote purse for Christmas and wait on the Mac!