A BE convert??? Coming from COACH?!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Of all the designer bags I've ever seen, BE just captures me!!! I'm thinking of starting to save back for my 1st BE and want some advice.

I love all the leathers they use, and think the craftsmanship looks like a true WINNER! I just have a few questions.

#1~ Why is it that they have SO FEW bags in stock for purchase? Is it like this all the time, or am I hitting them in between seasons?

#2~ How long have you had to wait in the past for your bag to be finished? Is this something I'll be waiting months for??

#3~After you've put down your deposit, do you pay along the way while your bag is being crafted, or do you pay all at once when it's done??

#4~If there is a certain color/bag combo you want, are they pretty good about working with you?? I've seen the couture option, but I don't see a choice for color!!!

I'm sure you're all aware that the jump from COACH to BE will be a big adjustment for my wallet. I want to make sure I get it right, as I won't be able to exchange this bag at the outlet!! KWIM?! LOL

Also: I carry ALOT (Lg. Sabrina is the perfect size bag for me in COACH) which current styles would be my best bet? Also, what features do you all like the best? Bottle pockets? Studs or crystals? Extra tags? I already KNOW I want the extra long leather tassels!!!

Thanks for the help for a newbie. When I first discovered BE I went looking for pre-loved and found FEW, not that I know a little more about the brand I understand that!!! ;)

***I'd also love to see pic's to accompany an suggestions you have!!***

TIA ladies!

See my replies in red in your own text below.

Of all the designer bags I've ever seen, BE just captures me!!! I'm thinking of starting to save back for my 1st BE and want some advice.

I love all the leathers they use, and think the craftsmanship looks like a true WINNER! I just have a few questions.

#1~ Why is it that they have SO FEW bags in stock for purchase? Is it like this all the time, or am I hitting them in between seasons? The AW season is meant to be unveiled in late August so far as I understand.

#2~ How long have you had to wait in the past for your bag to be finished? Is this something I'll be waiting months for?? It varies - sometimes the bags are ready very fast, on other occasions you might end up waiting a couple of months - it depends how busy they are. Their workshop is closed for a few weeks in August so this might be one of the longer waiting periods???

#3~After you've put down your deposit, do you pay along the way while your bag is being crafted, or do you pay all at once when it's done?? You pay the rest at the end but I expect that you could put down installments in between if you wanted to.

#4~If there is a certain color/bag combo you want, are they pretty good about working with you?? I've seen the couture option, but I don't see a choice for color!!! They do try to find the colours that you want. If you look under the leather choice tab in BE Couture you should find lots of colours. You need to choose a style first so maybe this is why you can't see them????

I'm sure you're all aware that the jump from COACH to BE will be a big adjustment for my wallet. I want to make sure I get it right, as I won't be able to exchange this bag at the outlet!! KWIM?! LOL

Also: I carry ALOT (Lg. Sabrina is the perfect size bag for me in COACH) which current styles would be my best bet? Also, what features do you all like the best? Bottle pockets? Studs or crystals? Extra tags? I already KNOW I want the extra long leather tassels!!! I don't use this feature very much - only to add an extra outer zip pocket to the Love Me Midi.

Thanks for the help for a newbie. When I first discovered BE I went looking for pre-loved and found FEW, not that I know a little more about the brand I understand that!!! ;)

***I'd also love to see pic's to accompany an suggestions you have!!***

TIA ladies!

I think the waiting time is amazing! I ordered a Couture bag and in 3 days it was finished being made. 3 days! Then it shipped from Italy to London (about a week) and then from London to me (about another week). So in about 2 1/2 weeks I had a bag that I thought up at 3am one morning.

Welcome to BE.:welcome: Jenova was so helpful (as always) that I just thought I would add a few things because it is so important to choose well if you are not ordering a stock item. First of all, I agree that you should add a zipper to the Love Me Midi. I really like that look because it looks like a smaller version of the regular size. Also, if you hand carry you can shorten the handles on some of the bags. I just mentioned that because you like the Sabrina (satchel?) which is one of my favorite Coach styles.

Second, do some research before choosing your leathers. The pebbled and most crash leathers are extremely durable. Keep in mind, the pebbled leathers can be a tiny bit heavier. The matte leathers are my favorite. Many have tonal variations and are stunning in real life. I have found them to be durable, but they are not as durable as pebbled. Last but not least, BE has an amazing selection of colored sheen leathers. Some of them are a little more delicate than others. I just purchased a sheen, colored leather bag from another designer that I believe uses the same leathers, and I can see how they may be prone to a little more scratching. However, it's wonderful to have such pretty colors and it looks like conditioner helps a lot.

Good luck!

Welcome to BE, lovecoachmore!

If you like the size of the large Sabrina, I think the regular size TME and LM is probably closer in size compared to the Midi.

If I use BEC, I like to order extra tassels and tags, just in case. :smile: Bottle pockets could be useful too.

There are some e-tailers in US that sells BE. You might want to check them out since it's your first BE.

Good luck!

Welcome to BE!

I started with Coach bags a little over 2 years ago, but I found that they didn't keep my interest for very long. After a few months of Coach, I switched to LP for a few months and then got into RM and BE. BE is definitely the brand for me. I've been buying BE bags since January 2008 and they continue to wow me month after month. I prefer the midsize bags (TME Midi, Love Me Midi, Stroke Me Medium), but it sounds like you might prefer the larger bags.

Regarding the price difference between Coach and BE, there are many great deals on BE bags on both eBay and Bonanzle (none of them are mine!). That's a good way to try out BE.

In case you're interested in seeing a variety of BE colors and styles in one shot, I'll put in a link to an older thread about my BE bags (end of March). The only ones missing from that thread are my Pewter Surprise Me and matching AP.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia/my-be-bags-finally-some-color-443561.html

Well, I'm ALREADY impressed!!! I had emailed BE with a few questions and what a neat group of ladies!!!

#1~ They offered to extend the 40% OFF newbie for me, if I buy from stock which I thought was ultra sweet. (Don't know if I was supposed to repeat that!?)

#2~ I had asked about putting down a deposit and paying in installments while my bag was being custom made, and they said they'd be happy to try and accomidate me for my 1st bag!

#3~ They are all just SOOO down to earth and super friendly. What a breath of fresh air!!!

Here's my question for you gal's. I'm pretty sold on the TME (full size) and IF I do decide to buy from stock I'm in a color choice pickle. I'm torn between the taupe and the dark grey glossy...but here's the CATCH. I already OWN a light grey leather COACH Julianne, and wouldn't want to have 2 bags too similiar in color. It seems like the taupe would be much lighter of the two and closer to the light grey Julianne, so I'm leaning towards the dark grey glossy. If you were me, which would you go for???

For those of you (if there are any) would haven't seen the Julainne in the light grey leather I've included a few pic's, both stock and my own.

If I can't make a decision right now, I may join one of the "groups" and go for a purple bag. I don't think ANYONE does purple like BE.

I would have to say that the 1st picture is the truest to color as IRL.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 12935_svlg_a0.jpg
    12935_svlg_a0.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 39
MSterling~Thanks SO much for the colorfull pic's. VERY HELPFULL to see them all together like that. I like to keep a good mix too, but tend to gravitate towards black myself. I guess it's just so "safe."

The bag that got me lusting for BE to begin with was crazy4's BE Love Me in purple passion with silver hardware. OMG, by far the most gorgeous bag I've even seen. Like I said, I don't think anyone does purple like BE, and I'm lacking a purple bag BAD!!!

Here's what I have in my collection now, and be aware it's ALL Coach!!!

Some of them are gone, but only signature pieces and nothing that added any color. I do also have a plum/purple colored Gianni JACEY bag that's gorgeous...and I've also added both a leather Ergo tote in black you guessed it, and have a Bonnie satchel also in black leather w/ black patent trim on the way. I have the black bag weakness. Maybe I SHOULD wait and see the fall collection and go with a purple or pink...I think I could use it since I already have the teal Lindsay!!!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I love your Julianne! I have been thinking that you should wait for the purple since that is a color you love. Will they give you any type of discount on BEC? I would hate for you to not take advantage of the newbie discount, but I do kind of feel like the grey duplicates what you have. If you do decide to go with grey, then my vote goes to the taupe. The ladies seem to love that one. The glossy is more like a patent, I think?

I would not do the glossy grey on a TME. It is a stiff leather. I have it in a MMS midi, but that is a structured bag. The TME will slouch and break in more. The glossy grey is like a patent, but not quite as shiny and does break in some. It is a nice leather, BUT I don't think it really showcases a great leather for BE. Some of their standouts are the pebbled glossy leathers and the mattes. As far as the leathers I have owned (pebbled glossy, metallic, matte, sheen and the glossy grey (it kind of doesn't fit in a slot)), the glossy grey is my least favorite in terms of texture. It is a super light leather though.

I would do taupe or look for a pre-owned bag, rather than the glossy grey in the TME style.

Here is a grey reference thread that has taupe and the glossy grey.

http://forum.purseblog.com/belen-echandia-reference-library/grey-color-family-pics-only-469657.html

I would probably not do the grey or even the taupe grey as your gorgeous Julianne is kind of a taupe grey.

If you like purple, BE does the best purples! The dark matte purple or the pebbled glossy purple are amazing and will wear well!

Here is a pic of my purple pebbled Love Me midi.
attachment.php

Attachments

• PurpleLMMidi1.jpg
    PurpleLMMidi1.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the pic's EL & Sandy!!! The purple makes my knee's BUCKLE!!! I see there are a few bespoke bags in the purple color. I hate to pass on the 40% OFF they offered UP, but I'm not ready to take the plunge quite yet anyway!!!

I think I'm gonna have to hold out for purple!!! It just takes my breath away, and afterall I'm trying to get away from "buying for the good deal" that I seem to do at the COACH outlets, so passing on the 40% is a step in the right direction.

My B-Day is coming in the fall, so I'll just put a deposit down on a bespoke group and have hubby pay the balance for my B-day!!! I must remember to tell him he's gotta do that!!! LOL

You gal's have been AWESOME in the education/help dept!!!!!

Thanks a BUNCH!!!