A bag I bought pre-August price increase : would you keep it or return it?

I would definitely keep it. I would be thinking long term, because we all know that Chanel is going to continue with their price increases on the classics. I don't think they are rumors, I believe it's pretty much a fact. Down the road, if you still find that you are not using this bag, you will be able to sell it for a profit. :smile:

Oh, I have many closet huggers and they hide from the DH...when DH suspects I bought a new bag...well, it's been sitting in the closet...so I tell him, "...technically no..."...however it's new to him! LOL! I say keep the classic and sell it down the road...that will still be money in your pocket!

^:lolots: You are funny, Snow! We are the same... ha ha!
Anyway, I think you should keep it if you like the color a lot (since it's always hard to get the color you like). If not, return it and get something else.

Oh, I have many closet huggers and they hide from the DH...when DH suspects I bought a new bag...well, it's been sitting in the closet...so I tell him, "...technically no..."...however it's new to him! LOL! I say keep the classic and sell it down the road...that will still be money in your pocket!

I would have said keep, and then maybe sell for a profit down the road....
but will you sell it? And are you comfortable selling it yourself? I've heard some online bait and switch tales. And then if you do consignment, you don't make that much since they take a percentage....cuts into any profit you may make.

I say if you don't think you'll use it, return it. Just because it's a classic doesn't mean you have to keep it. Heck, lots of things are classics, doesn't mean we have to have and keep them all.

Thank you for all your suggestions~ :ty:
Last night since we (fiance & I) were gonna go to NM for First Sale anyway so I spoke with my SA for a bit. Somehow she (I didn't even bring anything up since I hadn't made up my mind yet) started to talk about "aren't you glad you got those bags before the price increase? There are a lot of rumors going around that another one is coming and that they are slowly phasing out the classics altogether and are going to move forward with Made-to-Order like they just did in SF & they did in NY last year as well. Just all rumors though. . but we all know what happened after the last *rumored increase*. "

WTH???? so I was still not convinced because it just sounds impossible and she could just be lying to keep the commission. What would they sell?! Who would buy them?! She then said (after I brought up my dilemma) :lecture:, "what is the reason you want to return it? The color? how about that navy patent over there? but of course you would be paying the difference which is sort of stupid if you ask me. You will never be able to buy a brand new one at that price ever again. So if you want to return it no one can stop you. I would rather you go ahead and sell it for a profit. Its not that I want to keep the commission, but just that it really makes no sense what you are thinking of doing!"

At that point I turned around to look for my fiance because I wanted his opinion even though when it came down to it, it's my $... He had these Gucci fluffy ear muffs on his head... :sweatdrop: :smash:and I asked what he thought, he said, "I told you it was a stupid idea." then walks away... coming from the guy with fluffy ear muffs on!!!

So in the end... I am keeping it. It'll just hang out there for a while.. and then in a couple more months I will think long and hard about it---again. haha~

:ty::tpfrox:

yeay, good for you OP :biggrin: sounds like you're firm with the decision!

Thank you diera23~~

why would u get in trouble for telling us which bag? hard to say if u should keep it since we don't know. but if u have nothing u want to use it for then return it. good luck!

Because I don't want it to seem like I am soliciting a sale on the forum~ that's the last thing I wanna do since I plan on staying in this community for a while. haha~:P

Hold onto it for a little longer and see if you change your mind. If not, I would return it. Keeping it would be a good deal only if you'll actually use it. In my honest opion, I would be afraid to try to sell myself with all of the crazy stories on the board...it could turn out to be more of a hassle in the end!

Hold onto it for a little longer and see if you change your mind. If not, I would return it. Keeping it would be a good deal only if you'll actually use it. In my honest opion, I would be afraid to try to sell myself with all of the crazy stories on the board...it could turn out to be more of a hassle in the end!

Hmm... it did worry me about selling it after reading all those horror stories over at the ebay forum, but I do sell quite a bit online as well. So I would probably be able to handle things smoothly.. *knock on wood* I hope I didn't just jinx myself!!!

now that you decided to keep the bag, what bag was it? You won't get in trouble for saying it.. you would only get in trouble if you solicit buyers

It was a classic m/l, black, ghw~ :P I got it pre price increase @ $2600 plus tax~ now it's gone up $800!!!

i have read all of this now,and let me just say im glad you decided to keep your black m/l with ghw, you will NEVER get one for that price EVER AGAIN! dont let her go, maybe in 5 yrs u will use her, who knows. That bag is something you can have forever! Even though you dont use her, you know shes in the wardrobe, i bet you would miss her if she wasnt there =p

Sixela,
I'm so glad you started this thread! I did the same thing: bought my Jumbo Caviar in August, pre price increase! I still have tags on it!
I started back to school and have only been so casual, not going out anywhere fun. I figured though, for 2900.00 , I'd probably never get one for that price again and I missed getting one when they were like 2400.00!!! I got it out and admired it today and wondered if maybe at the holidays, I could wear it.
I'm mostly wearing Balenciaga, so I really have to wear it soon. I think that you can't go wrong, as I was on all the consignment sites tonight, and all the older bags are way over priced, so they hold their value. I guess with the dollar getting so weak, we will be having inflation plus Chanel increases...It will be a bargain!
Good Luck:smile: