A bag I bought pre-August price increase : would you keep it or return it?

sixela

O.G.
May 17, 2010
It's already been 3 & 1/2 months of it sitting in my closet. I have rotated the other bags in my closet and have just purchased a new bag too. But this one has just been sitting there in its box with tissue still around it and it's tags still attached...

I wanted to return it (the store I got it from allows returns within 6 months) because seriously... the bag probably deserves better... :P haha~ and I have the exact same style of bag in different colors. Just not this basic one.

But--- it is a huge price difference between what I paid pre-increase & what it is now. And now there's a rumor that the prices are going to go up again in early 2011. So wouldn't it be wise to keep it since it can be considered as an investment?

Heck maybe a year down the road I can pawn it off and make profit! hahahaa~~~

Please please please share your thoughts with me ladies!

What bag is it? Is it a jumbo for $2,995? Keeping or returning depends on you. I have plenty of closet bags still with tags. DH wants me to cut them off so I can't return them (well too late for that anyway since some are over 10 years old), but that wouldn't help either because they are still sitting in my closet.

What bag is it? Is it a jumbo for $2,995? Keeping or returning depends on you. I have plenty of closet bags still with tags. DH wants me to cut them off so I can't return them (well too late for that anyway since some are over 10 years old), but that wouldn't help either because they are still sitting in my closet.
You have a good DH!
Every time I try to sell or return once bought, he asked why? and says if you like just keep it. Therefore, I have a good reason to buy more :P

First, where is this store that allows you 6 mos to return Chanel bags? I want to shop there!

Second, what is the bag? If it is a classic then I would keep it unless you really don't like it.

Closet bags... I like that term?! I have lots of closet bags too...

i think it would depend on what kind of bag it is. It sounds like a classic flap. what is the reason of you not carrying it? Color? I have some bags that were sitting in closet for a long time but once i get used to carrying it and used to the color, it becomes my regular bag. :smile:

depends on color of bag and medium or jumbo? If it's a classic flap, and classic color, would keep it. what if down the line, you want it. the price aint going backward for a brand new bag.

Thank you all for your replies~ I don't want the mods to suspect I am trying to solicit a sale--- so all I can say is it is a (and I quote scarlet555) "classic bag, classic color".

I just had a talk with the fiance... he said that, "if they are really gonna go up in price in early 2011 and even further down the road and they never go down in price, then you might as well keep it. It's not like you need the money back in the bank." The thing is... the rumored increase in 2011 is just a rumor... not like it's confirmed... but he's right...it will probably increase down the road regardless...

First, where is this store that allows you 6 mos to return Chanel bags? I want to shop there!

Second, what is the bag? If it is a classic then I would keep it unless you really don't like it.

It's @ Neiman Marcus... and it's not like I don't like the bag... but there must be a reason why I haven't used it for so long... no occasions to use it for I guess... I don't go clubbing anymore... I have workhorse bags and this is too small for it anyway...

I would return it... Generally I believe cash in hand is better than a bag in the closet :smile:

That's also the reason why I thought I should return it... since I prefer the cash just sitting there in my account. Plus it could cover the bag I just got from another brand plus get a little refund. haha~~ but it's not gonna be in the $2xxxs anymore if I want another new one of these down the road...

OK...I've been doing some more thinking and thinks that if you are not adverse to selling it online and making some profit then list it. Who knows, maybe you can get a little more cash out of it to fund a new bag that will sing to you.

Since your lifestyle has changed (ie. no more clubbing), then there's really no need to keep it even if it is a classic.