A bag for my laptop-which can best carry the load?

you dont have to worry about the neverfull straps. i think they have been tested to hold over 200lbs..

That's so nice to hear, I've been worried about min as well! I think the suggestions above are great! If you want a more kind of business look to it I think you should go with something like the iCare bag. But if you want a little bit more casual look I think the Beauborg would be great!

there are new bags out since last saturday, one of them the DAVIS in monogram with black leather...it looks great, and i've tried it with my 13" macbook. it fits perfectly both with and without a sleeve! i'll get it as a christmas present for myselft...

I use my Saleya as a laptop bag. My laptop is pretty small (8 1/2 x 11 x 1) and barely a pound in weight. I don't find the Saleya terribly comfortable on my shoulder with my laptop, I tend to carry it. But that's another reason I was afraid to get the NF, because I know I'll pack it full and it would get too heavy for the straps.

GL!

I bought the Mono beaubourg for this exact reason and it works great. I think you will still have issues with the handles if you buy the Saleya. The BB was designed to carry a laptop and other type of folders, files etc. The straps are wide and comfortable and it has the large zipped side that can hold your wallet, keys and anything else you don't want people to see.

I would suggest one of the messenger bags, like the Abbesses, Naviglio, or something, but since you don't want something that looks like it's for a laptop, then, that goes out the window LOL.