A 25 Million to 1 Christmas Miracle

Jan 23, 2006
splashnews_swuk191206a_007.jpg
splashnews_swuk191206a_009.jpg

This British woman, 23-year-old Hannah Kersey, gave birth to triplets (three girls), which in itself, is not that out of the ordinary until you know that she did it with TWO wombs. Thats right, this woman has two baby making factories. If you remember your middle school sexual education classes (unless you are from Kentucky and it was thrown out with evolution) women usually only have one womb, it's not an assembly line.

The babies were conceived from two eggs produced during ovulation - one in each womb - which were fertilized at the same time by two different sperm. One egg then split and produced identical twins while the other developed into a single baby, odds on this happening are 25 million to 1!

Splash news:

She has two wombs? I wonder what that looks like. I am not trying to be gross. I have always been interested in the medical field, and unusual medical cases always pique my curiosity.

Thats amazing! They are beautiful babies.

But on the other hand, I'm from KY and I had sex ed in middle school....and my lil niece had to take a baby home with her for two days for her sex ed class in middle school. Let me tell you, it made a huge impression on her!!!;) Such a good thing!

You get multiple wombs because you are born with them... lame comparison but same as a person with 6 fingers. That is really weird- and low odds!

Thats amazing! They are beautiful babies.

But on the other hand, I'm from KY and I had sex ed in middle school....and my lil niece had to take a baby home with her for two days for her sex ed class in middle school. Let me tell you, it made a huge impression on her!!!;) Such a good thing!

Haha, I was going to say that they DO have Sex Ed, which basically consists of: "No doing it until you're married."