9 weeks later, no Cartier watch

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
I posted a couple months ago about having to get my Cartier watch repaired through Tourneau. I didn't have to pay for the repairs, but was told it would take 4 - 6 weeks.

I would like to add that I have *never* *once* been called by Tourneau. I have been the one to call them every time for updates and the two ladies who work in the repairs office in the Chicago store sound invariably pissed off and impatient -- as if I'm the one being unreasonable.

They NEVER just answer my questions. They always say they will just return my call, which of course they never, do so I have to call them again and practically wring an answer out or beg them for some kind of response.

I wonder if they handle ALL repairs like this? Is my case special for some bizarre reason? I am so turned off by this experience.

And I must admit -- my imagination has fully run away with me. I keep imagining that once my watch comes back they'll end up doing something to it before giving it to me... Because while I haven't been outright rude to the repair shop ladies, I have definitely expressed some exasperation -- and yes, I have even called their supervisor (who was very nice and responsive -- and ultimately told them I called) because I really don't appreciate being told over and over again, "I don't know nothin' 'bout yo' watch" when their very job is to keep an eye on watches being repaired.

So. I hope that that in my 11th week, I'll at least get to hear WHEN my watch will be returned.

By the way, all this for a broken clasp. Not even a mechanical problem. A freaking clasp.

Wow. I just re-read my post and I am yet MORE pissed off than I was when I wrote it. Does anyone have any advice?

By the way, my emails to Tourneau corporate go completely unanswered. Their customer service is literally an answering machine: as in, you can choose sales or customer service, and the customer service is an answering service.

That sounds like a very unorganized office. I hope they take good care of your watch, 11 weeks for a broken clasp is unacceptable. Especially when you were quoted 4-6 weeks.

Wow. I just re-read my post and I am yet MORE pissed off than I was when I wrote it. Does anyone have any advice?

By the way, my emails to Tourneau corporate go completely unanswered. Their customer service is literally an answering machine: as in, you can choose sales or customer service, and the customer service is an answering service.
Is there a corporate address to send a letter, via snail mail? Sometimes "hardcopy" gets a better response than email.

That blows large. I'd fly to Chicago and take them out.

Ok, maybe not that extreme, but seriously, why is it that people can get away with such bad customer service???!

I hope you hear something positive soon...:flowers:

That's horrible..... I suggest that you call them and ask to speak to the manager and complain to him/her ...Are they authorized dealers of Cartier ? Maybe you could call Cartier and report this bad service to them

Sorry to hear that. They should at least give you an answer. You should demand at least that and tell them you've called several times because you didn't get one.

I know watches take a long time. I was told a few days on one of my watches and it took 5 weeks. I was also told 5 -6 weeks on a different watch and I'm still waiting to get it back. I suppose it depends on how backed up they are. I usually take mine to independant jewelers and I would think large chains take even longer.

Im sorry to hear about that, hun.:wtf: How about contacting Cartier directly and letting them know how Tourneau deals with their customers and puts customers off not only their brand but Cartier as well?:flowers:

Is there a corporate address to send a letter, via snail mail? Sometimes "hardcopy" gets a better response than email.

Thanks for the suggestion, Melissa71. I think I will try that. For the first time I truly feel like I'm at a complete loss.

While I have spoken to their manager, he is in the NYC office and really doesn't do a lot except put in a phone call to them. It's clear that they really don't listen to him so I've decided to sort of pick and choose my battles because I'm probably running low on favors from the manager (who was not easy to find to locate to begin with).

I've honestly never seen such poor customer service at any store, high or low.

<hug>

Oh girl, I SO feel you. Off the thread, I could tell you about the murderous rage DH went through when the store we sent his broken clasp to began to claim (after 3 months, mind you) that we never DID send in a clasp.

<sigh>

I pinged ya when you first posted but I had to give you another hug. Cartier is s-l-o-w. Godawful beautiful, and lovely, but slow like uphilll molasses and all that. The customer service at Tourneau is not helping... but I have had molasses issues with Cartier with 2 different upscale jewelry chains and seriously, after all the steam coming out of my ears, it was like ranting at a frenchmen (or french company).

They wait til you're done, smile a half smile, and say yes, you must still wait a bit more.

I'm sure it's still in Paris. It always is. And Cartier's customer service is unreal... slow, almost dry and uncaring, with a "we are wanted everywhere, you too must wait your turn". Its maddening. But at least your watch, or er, clasp is on vacation.

Wish I had better news. All I can say is I doubt there to be any conspiracy with Tourneau (even if they are acting like it), I am 99% sure the watch is simply in Paris having croissants and swearing, having a ciggie and writing in her journal.

<hugz>

did you pay with a credit card originally? i know amex has buyer protection. maybe you can get a refund and purchase from another retailer?

this sounds insane, you should discuss a chargeback with the company (if you are able to pursue this with your credit card)..i bet they will return your calls.

^^^
Unfortunately, my SO purchased it for me. It was with a Citi card, not an AmEx... or else he wired the money to them -- one or the other. I can't recall now.

I'd write a letter to the Chicago office and cc the manager in NYC, maybe someone else too. Then I'd send it via fax and certified mail (state that in the letter so they see a certified letter is also on the way). You can call the manager's sec. to get the fax number. Anyways, I had an issue with my apartment building recently and it got fixed asap after I did this.