8 dogs die in dogcatcher's hot truck

leothelnss

buried in bags
O.G.
Jan 31, 2008
Why would they euthanize the other two? Could they not rehydrate them or do something?

Cindi

My baby, Bellis
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
PA USA
Nice of her to stop for lunch with a truck full of helpless animals. I hope she has been fired. :cursing:

boxermom

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
North Carolina
I saw the headline and knew I couldn't read the story. It's the kind of thing I can't stop thinking about and I get so angry. WTH was the person thinking?? No animal should have to endure that because of a human's stupidity.

chessmont

O.G.
Aug 22, 2006
CA
Nice of her to stop for lunch with a truck full of helpless animals. I hope she has been fired. :cursing:
hmmm, if she had caught a 'civilian' doing this, they would be charged with animal cruelty. Wonder if she will be? Fired isn't enough, IMO.

gypsybiker59

wag more, bark less
Jun 7, 2008
down by the river
I saw the headline and knew I couldn't read the story. It's the kind of thing I can't stop thinking about and I get so angry. WTH was the person thinking?? No animal should have to endure that because of a human's stupidity.
oh gosh, I can't read this kinds of things either... it breaks my heart. the stupidity, and cruelty, of mankind just overwhelms me at times. I have to go hug my dogs now, and light a candle for these poor angels at the Bridge.

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Bon Jovi Blvd.
I can't read this story either as I know I would not be able to get it out of my mind. The headline was enough.

A couple years ago a police officer left his dog in his car and left it running with the AC on but the AC malfunctioned and the heat came on so in the scorching summer, with additional heat blasting out of the vents, his dog paid the price. That poor creature. The cop was devastated.

cginny

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
Now in SoCal!
^^ Me too.:cry: I cannot bear to read the full story. The headline is all I needed to see to make tears run down my cheeks and put me in a depressed mood. Those poor innocent, helpless doggies..Rest in peace precious ones :crybaby:

Last edited:

cginny

Animal Lover :)
O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
Now in SoCal!
A couple years ago a police officer left his dog in his car and left it running with the AC on but the AC malfunctioned and the heat came on so in the scorching summer, with additional heat blasting out of the vents, his dog paid the price. That poor creature. The cop was devastated.
^^ Oh my gosh..Yes, I do remember hearing about this heartwrenching tragedy. :cry: Poor doggy & poor police officer owner, too. He will probably never forgive himself..I know that it would haunt me forever, even though it was an accident. It does look as if he was trying to do the right thing and make sure his dog was safe w/ the AC on ..How terribly tragic & sad. :crybaby:

Rest in peace sweet doggy:crybaby: