8 Bbags vs 1 Birkin?

It's a strange comparison given the vast difference in styles and vibe, but I take the gist it as: one very expensive bag vs. being able to have a multiple-bag collection of whatever brand. Setting aside entirely the question of quality, which is largely subjective (complaints can be heard about any and all brands): Are you in fact a one-bag person? Are you not tempted by different ideas and looks over time? I would never want to be in that situation.

Last edited:
I'm with others, it's a strange comparison as the styles are so different.

For instance, I would feel silly walking around with a Birkin since it's so far removed from my casual life. Most days I work from home, and the days I go in for meetings and such, a Birkin would be an overkill.

But if it's your HG, then get it. Just be sure to use it and not just stare at it.

Say you only have enough money for EITHER 8 Balenciagas in a range of lush colours, or, 1 holy grail timeless elegant Hermes Birkin.
Which do you choose?
Definitely the Bals. I'm not an H person just as there are many other brands I haven't taken to yet. It's just not my style or taste no matter whether I can afford them or not.

I love Bal and PS at the moment and have for a long time so it's not a choice I'd have to think too hard on as H doesn't really spark anything in me. A little gorgeous something Chanel Reissue might edge its way in there though :yes:
I'm guessing you'd choose the Bals as well, Holly? We're both lost in Smoshland it seems :lol:

Last edited:
i'd get the 8 bals, not b/c they're bals, but because it would offer variety. one birkin can't be carried to every single solitary event every single day, but you could mix/match the 8 bags. even if you get 1 birkin you'd still need other bags, so it might be an HG bag, but it would never be the *last* bag anyway. i would sell 8 bals to help fund a birkin though, if that makes sense

Definitely the Bals. I'm not an H person just as there are many other brands I haven't taken to yet. It's just not my style or taste no matter whether I can afford them or not.

I love Bal and PS at the moment and have for a long time so it's not a choice I'd have to think too hard on as H doesn't really spark anything in me. A little gorgeous something Chanel Reissue might edge its way in there though :yes:
I'm guessing you'd choose the Bals as well, Holly? We're both lost in Smoshland it seems :lol:
Smoshland :lol::lol::lol: !!!!

I prefer H as you can see in my avatar :lol: so Birkin it is for me. I do have a Bal though which I love.
I have serious Bal and PS tunnel vision which excludes a lot of probably very lovely bags for me. But I like that we can all have different tastes on this forum and still be pleasant about it. Although I have to confess I do enjoy a bit of silly banter sometimes and find this hard to hold back when say for example the bag discussions turn to designer fanny bags aka bum bags aka belly bags :shocked: :lol:

But I also enjoy the reverse, like the thread where TPF:ers reveal what bag brands they'd NEVER buy/wear and I like to marvel at how inexplicably many do not appreciate the gorgeousness that is a Bal City :whut: :lol: It makes me feel I've got remarkably exquisite and refined tastes :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: maroon72
Yep I think that sums it up for me. I can't afford both but I'm so in love with smushy lush coloured bals and having the variety that I couldn't settle for just one birkin even though that is lovely leather, plus my outfit style is so casual and colourful that a birkin wouldn't match.

Reactions: ksuromax
Balenciaga because if I had a Hermes bag, I would be too worried to take it out of the house (or even out of the dust bag for that matter). I am extremely careful with my bags but some things can't be helped (such as accidental color transfer or unexpected poor weather).

Reactions: traveler727