7th on Sale

Grossberga

Dec 5, 2006
Has anyone been to this in NYC? The tickets are $20. Is it worth it? Articles in NY Magazine and Vogue said they'd have great stuff.

Grossberga

Dec 5, 2006
The goods were also in Vogue and NY Magazine. I'm just wondering for $20 if there are still lines and what kind of stuff is actually on the floor.

changejobs

O.G.
Oct 23, 2007
The goods were also in Vogue and NY Magazine. I'm just wondering for $20 if there are still lines and what kind of stuff is actually on the floor.

i went friday for the 4pm - 6pm slot. the lines were huge. i got there at 3:45 pm and did not get in until 4:30.

1 - BEWARE If you bring a purse you have to check it in. My wife did check her chanel bag , but took her wallet with her. no one seemed to have any problems but they should have let people known in advance.

2- there were various sections. a kids area, a handbag area, a sunglass area, a gown area, etc. by the time we got in there was still a decent amount of things in there, but the ones who got in first had the best shot of getting things. We did end up with a kate spade carryon luggage for $209 that klists for 700, a couple of pairs of sunglasses for 70 and 80 that were originally close to $300 (prada and gucci).

basically , you had to go through things quickly and take what you thought you'd like and then decide whether to keep it.

At 5-45 they told people they were closing at 6pm.

Overall I thought it wasn't worth the trip as there are so many great sample sales going on in nyc.

the best deal i saw was a devi kroell $2000 purse marked down to $400

They are going to re stock between each time.

galpal

Aug 17, 2007
I went too yesterday. I stood in the line for just under an hour and it was freezing. I didn't think it was worth it either. The best goods are purchased the evening before at the gala event. The gala is invitation only to fashion insiders, which I think is a bit unfair as I am sure they can get good deals all of the time.

The best deal I saw was a Pierre Hardy purse in white leather with black trim for $374. The other highlight was that Zac Posen was a seller on the floor. They have different fashion designers as sellers throughout the sale.

galpal

Aug 17, 2007
No, by category - handbags, home, women's eveningware, etc. Good luck if you are going!