7FAM Dojo's... how much do they stretch?

PurseAddict79

PerpetuallyPenniless
O.G.
Sep 11, 2008
I bought a pair of 7FAM Dojos (petite) a few weeks ago. They were quite snug when I purchased them, but the SA told me this particular style stretches quite a bit over time.

I've worn them for one full day and they haven't stretched out, like, at all. Should I give them another day or so of 'wear' to see if they stretch, or should I return them and size up?

Mine eventually (over time) stretched out about a full size. I don't mean that they stretched in between washes, but fully stretched out a size permanently.

Are they uncomfortable or just a little tight??

they will prob stretch some more- i'd wear them around the house another day and see what happens.

Almost every pair of sevens I've ever had stretches out nearly a full size over the first month or so I have them. As a result I always end up buying them too tight and dealing with the slight muffininess for the first few wears because I'd rather do that than have them be too loose the majority of the time I own them.

they will prob stretch some more- i'd wear them around the house another day and see what happens.

Almost every pair of sevens I've ever had stretches out nearly a full size over the first month or so I have them. As a result I always end up buying them too tight and dealing with the slight muffininess for the first few wears because I'd rather do that than have them be too loose the majority of the time I own them.

I think I have a new favorite word! :P

I guess it wouldn't hurt to wear them one more time and see how they stretch out. I'm so self conscious of the fit that I'll only pair them with a blazer right now. I'm just weird like that lol

I had a pair that stretched out to half a size. I'd say give it another day to see if it stretches out a bit more. What wash did you purchase? I know that some washes will stretch out more than others.

i have a pair of dojo's in size 24/petite, and those were snug when i first go them... they didn't stretch out much, maybe half a size... they fit ok, but i tend to like the dojo style a bit more loose. i have another pair, size 25, that fit me much better.

I think there are two different kinds of dojos--the dark denim one is a bit heavier denim, and it doesn't stretch as much. (It has dark blue sevens on the pockets.) The lighter denim (and lighter color) stretches more. (This one has white sevens on the pockets.)

Nah, they both stretch. I wouldn't return them just yet, wear them a bit more. All my 7's were tight at first, but like everyone else said they do stretch over time and remain stretched. (I have the Dojo's with the dark blue pocket. Forget the wash.)

These are dark blue with the white 7 pocket. They're a size 28, which I wear almost across the board when it comes to denim... but they're a petite, so I suspect they are closer to maybe a 27 or 27.5??

They did loosen up a bit after wearing them the one day, so maybe that will continue.

And I am still (slowwwly) losing weight so I guess it would be wise to hold onto them.

^^ Excellent idea.

I tried them on last night after spending a full 5-10min complaining to my boyfriend about this very issue... and go figure, when I put them on they fit perfectly. He looked at me like I'm insane (a look I'm all too familiar with).

I plan on wearing them tomorrow. I guess they're still just a bit more 'snug' than what I am use to.

Ok so I'm wearing them today...

Are these too tight? Or am I just crazy? Boyfriend says I'm crazy (as usual) :lol:

0402005.jpg

0402004.jpg