$75 wallet, speedy, checkbook??? HELP!

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
Hey guys & gals. I found a Louis Vuitton wallet, speedy, and checkbook on C.List and it says it was purchased in the 80's for around $300. She says the bag is in perfect aged condition as well as the checkbook but the wallet has minor wear.

She will sell me the set for $75. I obviously am going to take a look at it before purchasing but do you think I should get it? I assume it's a Speedy 25. I don't need the speedy but I want the wallet/checkbook and I assume that's a good price for all 3???!!!

LVgirl888

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
I guess it's not bad, as long the items are authentic and in good condition. You could give the Speedy to a friend or donate it to a goodwell or something.

vhsethan

O.G.
Jul 18, 2007
does anyone think that the speedy could be resold? I love Speedy's but they are WAY too small for me (unless it was a 35 or 40 but I know it's not!)

IHeartCoach

♥IHeartVuitton♥
Mar 23, 2007
Buffalo, New York
Probably because the people that sell on there mostly deal in fakes... and could rip you off because you are not protected by payPal... you can be safe by maybe paying with a CC- but I doubt they accept that.

I wouldn't buy from there unless you were meeting the people in person.

veez

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Babyland
I will stick to the advice which "Authenticate This..." ladies have been telling us all this time: If it is too good to be true, it usually is.

If this person indeed is selling the genuine LV pieces... she/he should know the market value and who wouldn't want to get more money for it??

I would stay away if I were you. Just my 2 cents.

xxxjulybabyxxx

♥Another Semester♥
Jun 21, 2008
Somewhere in the world♥♥
yeah.. if ebay, it is more safer than cc.. because for cc, you would never know the information of the person.. IF the item was fake then how do you find that person?? Even though u found that person, are they gonna refund your cash?? --->>> I dont think so.. so in this case I say you shouldnt buy it

gueancla

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
If you have a paypal account you can pay with it. However, in this case might be better to meet in person and make sure what you getting is authentic. Be carefull! Good luck. Keep us post :smile: