7 For All Mankind Denim Sizing

LeeClee

Jan 15, 2009
I've heard mixed reviews-- some say they run small, some say they fit perfectly. I ordered a 32, which according to their sizing is a 12. Any experiences with this brand?

Their sizing, IMO, is all over the place. Depends on the style.... their skinnies run small (which to me seems to be pretty standard for a lot of brands). Their dojos run a bit big. Bootcuts are pretty TTS.

They also stretch out quite a bit. So if they fit PERFECT when you first put them on, they're a size too big.

ITA about sizing/cut/style! I just bought a pair of organic cotton painted "A" pocket boot(they fit like boyfriend jeans to me) yesterday. Now I am normally a 32 in 7s with a lil elast in them. I have dojos that are 32 and they fit fine. But I opted for the A pockets in 31 because the 32s looked like they will gape over wear. I say it was a combo of style with cut that sealed it.

I really don't like 7's. I have a hard time fitting them - and personally, for me, I can only fit the skinny's and not so much the bootcuts...

I do have some Dojo's that fit great though. I have one pair that I'm thinking about cropping into bermudas today. ;)

It depends on the cut and your body type

for me (not a curvy girl)
dojos- smidge small
flynts- tts
bootcuts- tts if not a bit big
skinnies- tts
a pockets- i need to size up because I have a wider waist, but I overall hate the way they fit me.

hope that helps.

SFAM sizing is dependent on the style/fabric. Their bootcut jeans run TTS (but tend to stretch out after a while), and the Dojos run TTS IMO.

Reviving this thread to talk about an experience I had with 7 FAM. I bought a pair of Tailorless Flares from Shopbop (TTS, and a 31" inseam, great length for me with heels). I liked them so much I ordered an identical pair -same size, style, etc. THIS pair was nearly an inch and a half shorter than the first pair and fit a bit differently (I checked, neither had been altered). I decided to keep the second pair to wear with lower heels, but contacted 7. Their response was basically:
- We don't believe you bought these, you're a scammer, please send multiple proofs of purchase (I am not trying to get a refund, and even if I were, a Shopbop receipt wasn't enough?).
- Even if we believed you bought these, our jeans always run true to size and length.

So I measured again and called/emailed them with the exact measurements and photos. They told me it was impossible, that these jeans were supposed to be 32" inseam! They were incredibly rude, even though the WHOLE time I was just trying to figure out how to get another pair like the first one.

Fortunately this is the only style I like from them so they join Citizens on my denim blacklist :smile:

Reviving this thread to talk about an experience I had with 7 FAM. I bought a pair of Tailorless Flares from Shopbop (TTS, and a 31" inseam, great length for me with heels). I liked them so much I ordered an identical pair -same size, style, etc. THIS pair was nearly an inch and a half shorter than the first pair and fit a bit differently (I checked, neither had been altered). I decided to keep the second pair to wear with lower heels, but contacted 7. Their response was basically:
- We don't believe you bought these, you're a scammer, please send multiple proofs of purchase (I am not trying to get a refund, and even if I were, a Shopbop receipt wasn't enough?).
- Even if we believed you bought these, our jeans always run true to size and length.

So I measured again and called/emailed them with the exact measurements and photos. They told me it was impossible, that these jeans were supposed to be 32" inseam! They were incredibly rude, even though the WHOLE time I was just trying to figure out how to get another pair like the first one.

Fortunately this is the only style I like from them so they join Citizens on my denim blacklist :smile:
7FAM used to have exceptional customer service until they were bought out. They replaced a pair of denim for me when they ripped after only 3 wears. I only had 1 pair of do that to me, but that made me loyal to them & Citizens & turned me into a denim junkie. I felt after they sold they just didn't have the same customer service. Too corporate.

Why did you blacklist Citizens? I still love & buy that brand.

7FAM used to have exceptional customer service until they were bought out. They replaced a pair of denim for me when they ripped after only 3 wears. I only had 1 pair of do that to me, but that made me loyal to them & Citizens & turned me into a denim junkie. I felt after they sold they just didn't have the same customer service. Too corporate.

Why did you blacklist Citizens? I still love & buy that brand.
I had heard 7FAM was great - now I see why it changed.

Citizens is personal - they hired my former company to do work for them and never paid us, so while I think their denim is nice it's just personal principle to me. They just blatantly ignored payment requests which was painful to everyone who worked on the project as they in turn did not get paid. Great jeans, terrible humans. Ironic given their name!