65th Anniversary handbags question....

Alexa5

O.G.
Nov 2, 2011
I can't find much information on this other than a few entries came up when I did a search, so thought I would pose the question for those that have been around for a while.

On the 65th anniversary bags, I wasn't aware until I was looking around Ebay that they made some similar MFF bags a year or two later. I already own the Whiskey and Juniper shoulder bag (the one with one pocket in front), and really like them. I occasionally look for other items but some of them are too big for me. The one I decided I wanted was the one like mine, but that has 2 pockets in front. I decided on looking for a pink one as it would give me a different color/make it worth buying another one.

So, this is when I found the MFF ones that are similar. My understanding is that the leather is different, and the lining isn't the legacy lining. Are those the only differences? I normally don't like MFF bags at all, but these look very similar to the FP options that came out. Plus I like the raspberry color that MFF came out with more than the rose pink of the FP bag.

I just wondered if anyone had general opinions on these bags. The new line made me scope them out because I like that the 65th anniversary bags have a slight western look but in a simpler way than the new bags.

They were very similar. The MFF leather is slightly different, but probably nicer than the leathers used in a lot of the new FP Coach bags now. I remember seeing some of them at the outlets and thinking they were FP bags at first.

One of the first Coach bags I bought was the MFF Ali. At that point I did not know the difference between FP and MFF:P. I remember TPFers doing comparison pics of the MFF and FP anniversary bags to show the differences, but I am not sure how to search for those pics. Maybe reference or just go back many pages until you find that time frame?
I still have my Ali and love her.

Thanks to you both for the info! I had put in a bid on an item, but doing some research in the meantime. Glad to know that overall they are a good quality product.

One of the first Coach bags I bought was the MFF Ali. At that point I did not know the difference between FP and MFF:P. I remember TPFers doing comparison pics of the MFF and FP anniversary bags to show the differences, but I am not sure how to search for those pics. Maybe reference or just go back many pages until you find that time frame?
I still have my Ali and love her.
Thanks! I did do some more creative searching, and it does appear to be summarized in this thread--different leather, lining, hardware, but it sounds like many people still really liked it. (except for those that truly only liked or wanted the vachetta leather). There are some advantages to the lighter leather and hardware, so though I like the other leather there is some good to be had from the MFF version.

I prefer the FP legacy bags. The leather is heavier and richer feeling to me, and love the legacy stripe interior fabric. The MFF bags I find flimsy feeling. I can't speak to how well they hold up to wear, as I don't have one.

I received the bag, and I really like it. For a MFF bag it is much better quality in regard to the details than I typically find them to be. Because I own some FP versions I can tell the difference in the leather, but I don't dislike the MFF version at all. I also like that they kept many of the details of the FP version.

The color is great, and I like the lining just fine (brown is a nice compliment to pink). Though I like the striped lining in the FP version, since I already own some I am fine with the difference. One thing I love about the MFF version is that the back pocket has a zipper so it helps the bag keep its shape versus the back pocket gaping open at times.

So, not normally a MFF person, but this one I like.

I received the bag, and I really like it. For a MFF bag it is much better quality in regard to the details than I typically find them to be. Because I own some FP versions I can tell the difference in the leather, but I don't dislike the MFF version at all. I also like that they kept many of the details of the FP version.

The color is great, and I like the lining just fine (brown is a nice compliment to pink). Though I like the striped lining in the FP version, since I already own some I am fine with the difference. One thing I love about the MFF version is that the back pocket has a zipper so it helps the bag keep its shape versus the back pocket gaping open at times.

So, not normally a MFF person, but this one I like.

Very pretty! Glad it worked out for you.
The quality on these was pretty nice, but then again, the originals were an unusually good quality.