650$ louis Vuitton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoerinxo

Sep 6, 2009
I've been offered a new hot pink (not sure of the color name) Louis Vuitton Vernis Alma MM for 650$
It's authentic, with sleeper, box, reciept, everything, and the retail tag said something well over 2000$
is this a good deal? should I go for it?

I'm not worried about the authenticity, the seller is local and we are going to holt renfrew(all we have in winnipeg) so I can be sure of its authenticity before we go through with the transaction.
I just want to know if its a bag thats worth that much money

I thought LV stores didn't authenticate bags? I've read on here several times that they don't do this. I guess if you're absolutely sure it's real then I'd say go for it coz that sounds like a good deal.

Also not to put down any SAs but often they are not completely knowledgeable about counterfeit bags. And, the seller could do a bait and switch on you -- give you all the right paperwork with the wrong bag.

That said, I think $650 is a good price if you love the bag and are going to use it, not just buying it because you think it's a good deal and it will sit in your closet.

^^I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago trying to buy a bag off Craigslist. We decided to meet at the LV store here but first I asked for more pictures of the bag to get it authenticated here. As soon as I did that she backed out and said the bag had been sold. I don't know, maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Hard to know but I kinda took that as a good sign coz like you said, she may have tried to do a bait and switch on me and I wouldn't have known it.

i'd def get the bag authenticated on here. a lot of SAs have no idea whether bags are real or not.. plus, quite honestly, they could be the seller's friend/family member..

If it were authentic, someone had to pay that retail price. They wouldn't then sell it for that kind of loss unless something was up. The "something" can be only, terrible condition or fakey. I'd advise that you do be concerned about authenticity--and at LV, only the sales manager is reliable for an authenticity comment. An SA can judge it "fake" when it's real or vice versa.

So the answer is: if it's authentic and in great condition it's a heckuva deal, but it's very unlikely to be both for that price.

LV boutiques/freestanding stores vary in their services to customers. I've had no problem getting authentications with my sales manager, the few occasions I've asked for it.

IF this bag is authentic, IF it is brand new, a $2000 LV bag sold for $650 sure is a good deal. If the above two IFs are all true, you would be the luckies girl, just like winning a lotto.

I'd be going to our little holt renfrew where I know the personal shopper, and she's agreed to look it over.
its a almost new bag, carried twice, I'll try to figure out how to post pix on here!
I do love it, but its more money than I've spent on a bag being a university student, but it is lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies.