60 Days after the fact...realized I was sold a fake? Too late?

Missrocks

Apr 6, 2008
Hi everyone,

I recently joined tPF and never realized there were so many fakes out there! Well, I had purchased quite a few designer shoes off of e-bay and thought I would go through my closet and start verifying them! Yes, as naive as it sounds, I really didn't know that there were fakes out there for shoes!

Well, most of my stuff checked out, but there is one pair of shoes that I purchased February 11th off of E-bay that I found out was fake. There was even a thread in the authenticate section that said "don't buy from this seller- all her shoes are fake!" and showed pictures of the exact fake shoes I purchased. :sad:

I feel really horrible, especially since I left her positive feedback!
Is it two late to do anything through e-bay or paypal? They are already worn. Of course the sellers listing said she accepted returns up to 14 days and guarantees authenticity... but I am way past that time.
Also, FI paid with his Bank of America check card and not a credit card, so I don't think I can go through them to get any kind of compensation.

If anyone has any advice for me to correct past mistakes, please let me know. Also, if I can at least retract my positive feedback, I would feel a lot better.

Thanks for any help.

I don't think there is anything you can do at this point, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Too much time has passed and you've worn the shoes. I think you need to chalk it up to a lesson learned. Sounds like you're pretty confident with yourself on authenticating skills, but if it's questionable, post on the proper forum here before buying!

Oh man sorry to hear that. I don't know if you can bc its been so long and you wore it but hey it doesn't hurt to try. But yeah its sad and disgusting how people rip other people off. What isn't faked these days. Bags, clothes, shoes, jewelry (esp. Chanel) thats why ebay is BUYER BEWARE.

I don't think there's much you can do either -so much time has gone by, the shoes are worn and you didn't pay with a cc. You could always try to contact the seller and tell her you've learned that the shoes she sent you are fake, but I doubt that it'll get you anywhere :shrugs:

Oh well, thanks everyone!

I guess its just a lesson learned. I didn't figure there was anything I could do. I doubt I even want to contact the seller. I just read one of their recent neutral feedbacks from a buyer that says.."Nice shoes, but doubt they are real". Seller responded- "You don't know how to authenticate. I told you how in last email."
Liar!

A similar thing happened to me with a bag last year. Once I found out I contacted the seller and she said someone had sold it to her as authentic and she was very disappointed!! She can t have been that disappointed cos she lumbered me with it. I am very thorough with everything I buy now. Just wear those shoes out so you dont feel too hard done by. Its a horrible thing to be sold fakes.