6 Ring Key Holder "Purchase"

So, I attempted to purchase a 6-ring key holder in Monogram (brass button) from online and it said Call to Purchase. I called and tried to order it but it was out of stock. The lady said there was literally only one in stock at my nearest store, which she fine because I work in the same mall. Anyway, I go to the LV store and I see the key holder and it already has a crack in the glazing. I show it to the SA and says there is nothing wrong with it. I literally point to the crack and compare it to the other uncracked side to compare it to her. She explains that cracking is normal wear and tear because the canvas is constantly moving and flexing etc. I tell her that I understand that but I don't want to buy something that's ALREADY damaged. If after 6 months I need it reglazed, that's fine but I won't buy something already faulty. She looks it up online and sees that there is another key holder in another store that they can ship to their store. I'd have to buy it and if it has the same issue as the first, I can return it. So, I did that and am hoping it looks better than the first one. I just can't believe she actually denied the obvious crack in the glazing, as if I'm blind lol. I also verified the price of reglazing and she said it was $120. I told her that I thought it was $60 (which I learned from TPF) and she said "Oh yeah, it is $60...sorry about that. How did you know?" I said "I do my research." lol

Reactions: LVoe4DB
Congrats on your new key holder! the one with the brass button is my favorite, I'm so glad you didn't accept the first one with damaged glazing and that you had information on the repair pricing, we have to be smart and savvy shoppers otherwise we get stuck with damaged merchandise.

Enjoy your new key holder, it's a great piece. :smile:

Reactions: DooneyNewbie
Congrats on your new key holder! the one with the brass button is my favorite, I'm so glad you didn't accept the first one with damaged glazing and that you had information on the repair pricing, we have to be smart and savvy shoppers otherwise we get stuck with damaged merchandise.

Enjoy your new key holder, it's a great piece. :smile:

Thank you so much! I can't wait to get it!

I Love that comment "normal wear and tear" yes on an item that is new in store... ehum so are saying that LV items wear and tear of just being in the store then basically dear SA? Sometimes I think SA's don't really realise what they say :smile:

Would love some pics of your keyholder when arrives! I'm going to buy exactly the same after debating for a month between fuschia or this, chose this in end due to the gold button ;)

So, I attempted to purchase a 6-ring key holder in Monogram (brass button) from online and it said Call to Purchase. I called and tried to order it but it was out of stock. The lady said there was literally only one in stock at my nearest store, which she fine because I work in the same mall. Anyway, I go to the LV store and I see the key holder and it already has a crack in the glazing. I show it to the SA and says there is nothing wrong with it. I literally point to the crack and compare it to the other uncracked side to compare it to her. She explains that cracking is normal wear and tear because the canvas is constantly moving and flexing etc. I tell her that I understand that but I don't want to buy something that's ALREADY damaged. If after 6 months I need it reglazed, that's fine but I won't buy something already faulty. She looks it up online and sees that there is another key holder in another store that they can ship to their store. I'd have to buy it and if it has the same issue as the first, I can return it. So, I did that and am hoping it looks better than the first one. I just can't believe she actually denied the obvious crack in the glazing, as if I'm blind lol. I also verified the price of reglazing and she said it was $120. I told her that I thought it was $60 (which I learned from TPF) and she said "Oh yeah, it is $60...sorry about that. How did you know?" I said "I do my research." lol

Props to you for being a smart shopper! Sounds like this SA needs some remediation in what she is selling. Hope the key holder you ordered is perfect.

Reactions: DooneyNewbie
So I finally got the keyholder...but after putting ALL my keys in it, I realized it wouldn't fit everything comfortably. I have 5 large keys along with rewards cards and a large car keyfob. That keyholder was STUFFED! So...I returned it to LV and exchanged it for the next item on my wishlist, the round coin purse! And I love it!

IMG_1484755457.195600.jpg