6 prong settings.. are yours perfect?

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
I just got a new 6 prong setting for my new diamond and i noticed that the 6 prongs are not perfectly aligned from each other.. the spacing is a bit different between each one.. does anyone else have this issue? from afar it looks fine but when i stare into it i can see its a bit off from perfect..

tweetie

O.G.
Jul 23, 2006
Mine are straight on after 5 years still. You can probably get your jeweler to straighten them if you're worried.

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
If it bothers you, take it in because it will always be on your mind whenever you look at it. I have a four prong setting and I noticed a tiny scratch on one of the prongs a day after my proposal. I never said a word, but it has always bothered me a little. I know that I did not put it there...but I let it go. The ring is beautiful otherwise, but I still think of it as my beautiful ring with the tiny scratch on the prong.:lol:

Adriane

O.G.
Mar 3, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
One of mine is just a tad off. There is also a little knick in the platinum on the bottom of the catherdal setting that has been there since day one. I don't really mind, it just makes my ring mine.

grandefille

La Pompadour
May 29, 2007
London - UK
You should go back to where you got it from and ask it to be amended.
I also depends if the ring setting has just been cast in series or been handmade by a talented goldsmith

sinniebunnie

Neurotic 4 Alignment
O.G.
Nov 7, 2005
Australia
They tried to fix it but i told them just to put a new head on it and make it all aligned or i will be back lol

I will introduce it to everyone when its perfect!