6 prong or 4 prong E Ring?

Realized I don't have many good pics of my reset. Here's before/6 prongs and after/4 double claws.

Attachments

• IMG_3133.jpg
    IMG_3133.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 1,653
  • tPFIMG_8410.jpg
    tPFIMG_8410.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 713
Depends on the size of the stone, I find 6 prongs on a smaller diamond overwhelm the diamond. 4 prongs show off more of the stone. 6 prongs on a larger diamond (a carat and a half plus) for a rounder look.

4 prongs for me. I just prefer seeing less metal when looking at the diamond from the top and sides. I like seeing most of the diamond when displayed in it's setting, which is why I still haven't warmed up to Halos yet :sad: although Halo settings are still beautiful.

I'm with everyone else here on the 6 prongs for 2+ carats... even for 1+ honestly. That story about the diamond falling out - horror! You could definitely lose one prong out of six and the diamond would be totally safe.

I have the Tiffany classic and to me that's just the most gorgeous setting, BUT they really do have subtle prongs - a well made 6 prong shouldn't smother the diamond at all. Then again I was in Cartier yesterday and their 4 prong settings TOOK MY BREATH away! Seriously so beautiful and kind of squared-off looking ... you cannot go wrong though!!