$5K To Spend

1. I'm curious- if you had $5k to spend (let's assume this is not $$ being saved for a Birkin or Kelly etc. purchase, but instead is money you have available and don't need for anything else) what, if any, H things would you purchase (oh, and I've ignored sales tax, shipping charges etc. for this little exercise) .

Here's my answer:

Vintage Black Box 32 cm Kelly in good condition (app. $3k) (am I being realsitic??)

Vintage non-Kelly or Birkin H bag I could wear everyday- Berlingot, Christine etc. (app. $1,200)

1 new pochette ($100)

1 new twilly ($120)

Vintage H scarf (app. $280)

Vintage enamel or leather H bracelet ($300)

TV

2. Hmm. That's tough. My first instinct would be to put it in a fund for a birkin. But if I can't do that...

I'd buy the asymmetrical shearling vest from this year's A/W RTW! (hmm... assuming that's enough - I saw one in London and fell in love with it at approx. GBP 3000+)

3. LOL...I would spend the $$$ to fly to Buenos Aires, Australia, or Europe and purchase a birkin or kelly with the $$$ saved in the "other" account...

If I had to spend the $$$ at my local H boutique (and could not apply it to a birkin/kelly), I would consider/select from a chain d'ancre bracelet, agenda, scarf (not a shawl this time), muffler, massai, trim, PB (unsure of retail price), bolide (+ the difference as I have gone over here), or Garden Party...I would need to do a bit more research before making final decisions (still more likely to travel if option was available)...

4. Mmmmm, I'd try to get a Trim in Barenia or a Bolide and IF there is any cash left over I'd stock up on scarves!

5. $5K only? Then it would have to be a Plume Elan! $5K exactly and one GORGEOUS bag!!!!!!

...ok...see how I get sidetracked? I SHOULD use it to by the vintage Black Box Kelly I've been talking about in the other thread and then use what's left over for a few small leather goods! Oiy....

6. i would take a black togo 35 trim and a jige clutch in black evergrain!!!!!
    this is also my xmas wish list:smile:

7. gazoo and SoCal- Ugh- I forgot that I want a Bolide too- hmmm I might need to rethink my list. I have started thinking about how great an ostrich Bolide would be (costs more than $5k of course).

gina- shearling vest??? Mmmmmm if only such a thing were needed where I live in Soouther Caliifornia!!

8. Darn it, $5000 is not enough for me to buy ANYTHING ... Wait, I may be able to get a fuchsia lizard JPG Clutch.

9. I would buy Jag a little goodie from a trusted reseller at a great price. She deserves a bag and she has waited ever so long!!!

10. Ahhhh, you are so sweet KB! :heart:

11. I forgot to answer the question: This one is REALLY easy for me

I would buy a Kelly from a trusted reseller, preferably Gold or BLACK BOX or maybe even Blue Jean. Hell, i wouldn't even be that picky - just gimme the Kelly!

12. Today I would buy the bleu roi kelly on e-bay!

13. shoes- that bleu roi Kelly is great looking!! I've promised myself my next Kelly will be black box no matter what because it is so easy to get side-tracked into purchasing one of the other great colors and never wind up with a black box (I've been reading the other thread on black box kellys ). But bleu roi is one that would be near the top of my non-black list.

14. hmm.. 5k, huh? well, I will buy another plume, several scarves for the left-over, and if there's a bit more money left, the azap wallet.. that seems to be a real practical wallet so i want one..

15. TV - it's basically this cropped shearling but without the sleeves. That said, the pictures do not do it justice!

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice