?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i was driving to school today and on my way, i stopped by coffee bean to pick up some muffins and coffee for breakfast.. it was pretty crowded, i think there weren't enough chairs to accomodate everyone.. but there is this one large lady who was taking up 2 chairs (yeah, she was pretty big) eating a pretty large breakfast.. and there were this group of teenagers who just came in (i was waiting for my coffee).. and they found a table an empty table but they were lacking of one chair ( 4 of them but only 3 hairs were available) and one of them hollered "well, if someone is not sitting on 2 chairs, i would have a chair".. the place went quiet and the big lady shouted back asking them to go to h**l..

i don't mean to offend anyone..i find that some of my friends who are larger are the nicest people (a *****y friend of mine came up with a theory that large people have good personality to make up for the lack of nice apperances)..but (i know it's bad of me) sometimes i can't help to think bad of them.. like when i used to work in McDonalds a few years back and someone big size came up to the counter to order "2 big macs, a large coke,an upsize french fries and ice cream".. i would think to myself "geez, if u haven't ordered so much, you might actually slim down" or when im rushing up the stairs to class and a big person is occupying the whole staircase that you can't overrun them cuz every possible space is being blocked by them.. i tend to get a little frustrated.. i know it's wrong to have these thoughts.. but sometimes i can't help them.. does it happen to you guys??

i do apologised profusely if i offend anyone in any way

2. That's a terrible story...I feel bad for that woman. I do find that I'm a little judgmental when it comes to big people, I'm sorry to say. I don't really know why. It's not always their fault that they're big, either, which is the sad thing. I know people who diet and diet but who just can't lose weight. It's a touchy subject.

3. It is an extremely touchy subject and I don't think it's an appropriate topic of discussion.

Just my opinion though.

4. im extremely sori.. can someone help me close this thread? i can't find any delete option :sad:.. once again, im sori

5. That´s alright don´t worry !
    I don´t think it´s an inapropriate subject as on tPF we have discussed many "delicate" subjects. But this topic has been already discussed in celebrity section, health and fitness or wardrobe (can´t remember exactly) and it could lead again in feisty opinions that hurt people´s feelings.
    :flowers:

-oh yes 300 posts !-

6. I agree. What's your point, potuss?

7. I think an issue that should be discussed is how those kids could utter such mean remarks to that woman...I really think kids need to learn tolerance in high school, because a lot of them just lack it in college

8. Closing per OP request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice