5'8 # wearing Square Mini cross-body?

Cucci

Nov 27, 2012
Is it possible to wear the 2 grommets square mini cross-body when you're 5"8?
Please post pictures of your square mini worn cross-body plus height details!

I'm 5'2" and can wear a square mini cross body but I think my height is about as tall as you would be able to get..any taller and I think it would look and feel a little awkward and uncomfortable especially because the sq mini is not slender in profile.

Found these pics of Ali Larter (5"8)
From some angles the chain seems pretty long but it's still hard to picture the bag cross-body..If there's anyone with the same height that owns a square mini I would really appreciate it if they could post a mod pic!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 8.11.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 8.11.50 PM.png
    398.2 KB · Views: 2,185
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 8.15.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-04 at 8.15.29 PM.png
    301.5 KB · Views: 1,236
I think if you are in a slender figure, it's ok to wear square mini as a crossbody, but it needs proper outfit, to get an impression of young ,cute and casual. The square mini is more of a single chain shoulder bag for most of people. It's so cute. Love it,,,

Hi,

I'm 5'8 and can not wear the square mini cross body as it lands on my hips (bounces up and down like a yo-yo) but from the shoulder it sits comfortably there and doesn't move! Hope this helps.

Hi,

I'm 5'8 and can not wear the square mini cross body as it lands on my hips (bounces up and down like a yo-yo) but from the shoulder it sits comfortably there and doesn't move! Hope this helps.

Thank you for joining!
Would you mind sharing a mod pic when wearing it cross-body?

I am only 4' 10" tall (unfortunately...) and feel like the square mini is the perfect length for me crossbody so I don't think someone 10" taller could pull one off. I could only see that maybe working if the person has very long legs and a short torso and very slender build in terms of body proportions. If they are curvy or have an average length or longer torso it would hit at too short of a height on the body IMO.

Attachments

• IMG-20120923-01545 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-20120923-01545 - Copy.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,015
I think it should be fine. Still preference... When you think about it the extra inches in height are primarily added to legs and other various smaller areas of the body -- the 22inches should be just fine! Good luck!

I would think that it would also depend on the length of the chain on the mini, as they do vary. Some older minis have longer chains than some new ones, and the rectangular may not be the same as the square.

As to height, that would very much depend on length of torso compared to total height, as some have short torsos and long legs, and some the opposite, and some have similarly long torsos and legs. You can't just go solely by height. Hope that makes sense. :smile:

I think it should be fine. Still preference... When you think about it the extra inches in height are primarily added to legs and other various smaller areas of the body -- the 22inches should be just fine! Good luck!

The square mini has a shorter drop length of only 20" or 20.5". It is the rectangular mini that has the 22" drop. I think the rectangle mini would maybe work for someone 5' 8".

I am only 4' 10" tall (unfortunately...) and feel like the square mini is the perfect length for me crossbody so I don't think someone 10" taller could pull one off. I could only see that maybe working if the person has very long legs and a short torso and very slender build in terms of body proportions. If they are curvy or have an average length or longer torso it would hit at too short of a height on the body IMO.

Thank you for posting that picture! It looks really nice on you cross-body, so lucky you;) That mini is gorgeous by the way.

I'm 5"8 and about 124 lbs but I don't think I have very long legs in proportion, at least not in a way that it would look the same on me that I does on you ;) That's why I was curious for mod pics..even if they look unpractical or ridiculous, at least we all can have an idea of how it looks on a taller person.

I would be nice if it looked good but I guess up till I'm now seeing and reading different opinions which makes it hard. Are you speaking from personal experience with the Square Mini?

I would think that it would also depend on the length of the chain on the mini, as they do vary. Some older minis have longer chains than some new ones, and the rectangular may not be the same as the square.

As to height, that would very much depend on length of torso compared to total height, as some have short torsos and long legs, and some the opposite, and some have similarly long torsos and legs. You can't just go solely by height. Hope that makes sense. :smile:

Yes I did read about the 4 grommets having a longer chain...not so great they are discontinued..Also the rectangular seems to be longer but I really fancy the square mini:cloud9: