5'7" and what size sofia?

noobie

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
Hello everyone,

I've just jumped onto the Ferragamo bandwagon and now I really really really want to get a sofia bag. Unfortunately, there's no Ferragamo boutique here in my town, so I'm planning to get one from the website, and have it shipped to my bf's in Germany.

My problem is, I'm not sure which size I should get. I'm 5'7" and normally a medium-big bag girl, but from what I read, some of the Sofia fans here have traded their medium to a smaller sofia. I do think I don't need to go as big as the 41 either, because I do hate having to fish my items out of a purse (if that even makes any sense).

Any recommendations? Or maybe a modelling pic? FYI, my must-carry-all-the-time items are: a long wallet, iPhone, car keys, a box of ciggies, and occasionally my iPad (though I can live without it :P).

TIA very very much for any input! :smile:

Hello everyone,

I've just jumped onto the Ferragamo bandwagon and now I really really really want to get a sofia bag. Unfortunately, there's no Ferragamo boutique here in my town, so I'm planning to get one from the website, and have it shipped to my bf's in Germany.

My problem is, I'm not sure which size I should get. I'm 5'7" and normally a medium-big bag girl, but from what I read, some of the Sofia fans here have traded their medium to a smaller sofia. I do think I don't need to go as big as the 41 either, because I do hate having to fish my items out of a purse (if that even makes any sense).

Any recommendations? Or maybe a modelling pic? FYI, my must-carry-all-the-time items are: a long wallet, iPhone, car keys, a box of ciggies, and occasionally my iPad (though I can live without it :P).

TIA very very much for any input! :smile:

I think med/small would be best for you..:smile:

Foxgal, thanks for the link! Your modelling pic definitely helps! :smile:
Ujili, thank you too! I think I am leaning towards the medium. I guess I won't need the extra room in a large. :smile:

Me next problem: deciding on the colour! Everything looks so pretty :P

Last edited:
I had the medium and I am 5'2. I think the medium would fit everything you described. However I'm not sure if it can support the weight, I had a book in my 1 week old Sofia and the cross body strap just fell apart for no reason :sad:

agree! midium fit indeed everything.
large size is a bit too big.
and plus....
the width of the strap of large sofia is as same as midium sofia...

so when you large sofia, and carry more heavy, the strap on your shoulder will fill only more heavy...