50th birthday splurge: OS Alexa in Oak or Foggy Grey

topdog

Oct 20, 2010
OK. I'm getting older and decided to celebrate with my first Alexa.

Have a Bays in oak silky snake and eggplant.

I really like the look of the foggy grey alexa but keep thinking the oak alexa would be more practical.

I am not able to see any of the bags in person, so this will be an internet purchase.

Any advice from you more experienced Mulberryites would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

As for the color I think Foggy grey would be a nice change. But some people love to have different oak bags. I like all my bags to be of a different color. Maybe order both and send one back?

As for the color I think Foggy grey would be a nice change. But some people love to have different oak bags. I like all my bags to be of a different color. Maybe order both and send one back?
I was hoping to order from ****** and they have a hefty restocking fee, so I was planning to just order one. Perhaps I could order one and then trade it in for the other if I didn't like it?? Not sure if that works there or not . . .

I was hoping to order from ****** and they have a hefty restocking fee, so I was planning to just order one. Perhaps I could order one and then trade it in for the other if I didn't like it?? Not sure if that works there or not . . .
One more thought: is an oak alexa a true neutral?

I do love that foggy grey hardware though . . .

Personally I prefer the foggy (just got myself one last week :smile:). But just beware that they differ a lot in colour - from dark to light greay to almost lilac... If you can speak to wherever you order from in person make sure its not the one with strong lilac tinge.

I guess it all depends on what colour clothes you wear?

I would say Foggy Grey too. Oak is pretty, but you already have an Oak Bays, so personally I would like the change, but I think if you like Foggy Grey, go with it! It sounds like you like it the most. If you feel like Oak, just use your Bays on those days! :smile:

If it was me I'd go for grey since you already have an oak bag. That said IMO the bayswater and alexa styles work best on different occasions (alexa is less formal than the bays) so either would be a good choice.

Congrats on the birthday milestone!!

Difficult choice re. the Alexa! I've read a few reports that you need to pick a foggy grey in person, as the colour can sometimes veer towards a violet shade...

It also depends on your wardrobe and how you intend using the bag? If you're looking for a classic to cross all seasons I'd go for the Oak.

The grey is lovely though... I'd say go with your heart and whichever colour you are drawn to more!!

If you go for Foggy Grey, I would strongly advise getting one in person and shop around til you find the right one. My friend ordered from Mulberry and was deeply disappointed with her Foggy Alexa - she was expecting a neutral grey but she received something that was more like deep lilac. She returned it and ended up buying one she preferred from Selfridges.

If you go for Foggy Grey, I would strongly advise getting one in person and shop around til you find the right one. My friend ordered from Mulberry and was deeply disappointed with her Foggy Alexa - she was expecting a neutral grey but she received something that was more like deep lilac. She returned it and ended up buying one she preferred from Selfridges.
Thanks for the input, ladies! I have ordered the foggy grey. It seems appropriate for 50--I am sometimes a bit foggy and my hair is plenty grey!!! Thanks again . . . .

i love the Foggy online, I haven't seen it in person yet but I hope to soon. It's gorgeous, but I already have Ink and Watermelon so I probably won't buy it since I didn't buy the conker even tho I fell in love with it, I just adore Alexas :o)