50th Anniversary Bottega Veneta Lauren Clutch

Oh, wow! I think this is great, diane278. I enjoy reading stories like these, where the purchase has special meaning. I do think you'll have many occasions to use this clutch. It's a practical size, and the red color makes it sassy! Enjoy, enjoy!

Would you mind posting a photo of the inside and what will fit?

I just checked to see what fits in the clutch. I was surprised that after I put in my iPhone (in its fat Otter case), sunglasses, a card case and a wallet, there was still plenty of room for more. It easily holds as much as my pillow bags hold. Also, the frame of the clutch opens completely, which is surprising to me considering the shape of it when it's closed. But it certainly makes putting things in and retrieving them easier.
. 1.png
2.png

I saw it the other day at BV here too. It is so elegant. Since I do not know how to use/have not used a clutch, I do not know if I should get it. I did not know that it was not Barolo.

It's as close to barolo as it could get without being exactly the same. It's only a tiny bit different. When I laid it next to Barolo items, the difference was so slight that if they had been a few feet apart, I don't think I would have noticed any difference. (I distinctly remember the bag from the movie being more of a red.) But I have a new found fondness for the Barolo color.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I just checked to see what fits in the clutch. I was surprised that after I put in my iPhone (in its fat Otter case), sunglasses, a card case and a wallet, there was still plenty of room for more. It easily holds as much as my pillow bags hold. Also, the frame of the clutch opens completely, which is surprising to me considering the shape of it when it's closed. But it certainly makes putting things in and retrieving them easier.
. View attachment 3619904
View attachment 3619905

I am amazed at how spacious this beautiful clutch is! Awesome!!! So excited for you, diane278. Droooool [emoji7]

Today the Lauren clutch arrived. This was an emotional purchase, as it was the first BV I ever saw (in a movie). I am glad that I got it and am going to make a real effort to actually use it.....something I sometimes struggle with.
It''s a cloudy day so I wasn't able to get any good natural light shots. I did, however, think to take a photo of it next to a barolo pillow In the store for color comparison. You can see that they're pretty much the same size. The clutch is called Gigolo Red ( after the movie) but I think it's very close to barolo. The original clutch was more of a red than this one, but I suspect the original leather may have darkened while it was sitting in the archives for 37 years. Or BV thought a darker would be better....
In the fall video, I saw Nero, metallic (?) and ostrich versions of this clutch....
Congrats!! This style caught my eye when I was watching the fall video and I wanted to know more about it. Thanks so much for the info.

. View attachment 3619904
View attachment 3619905

Thank you!