50th Anniversary Bottega Veneta Lauren Clutch

diane278

Minimalist Wannabe....
O.G.
Apr 1, 2012
Today the Lauren clutch arrived. This was an emotional purchase, as it was the first BV I ever saw (in a movie). I am glad that I got it and am going to make a real effort to actually use it.....something I sometimes struggle with.
It''s a cloudy day so I wasn't able to get any good natural light shots. I did, however, think to take a photo of it next to a barolo pillow In the store for color comparison. You can see that they're pretty much the same size. The clutch is called Gigolo Red ( after the movie) but I think it's very close to barolo. The original clutch was more of a red than this one, but I suspect the original leather may have darkened while it was sitting in the archives for 37 years. Or BV thought a darker would be better....
In the fall video, I saw Nero, metallic (?) and ostrich versions of this clutch....

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    228.7 KB · Views: 1,229
  • 3.png
    3.png
    236 KB · Views: 1,248
  • 4.png
    4.png
    299.8 KB · Views: 1,235
Last edited:
lovely colour and it looks like a good size clutch. Very elegant styling - congrats.
Oh Diane I love this clutch
Very casual but at the same time elegant
I think the color will fit nice in your wardrobe as well
Use it in the best of health [emoji178]
Very beautiful - and good thinking taking the photo with the Barolo. The color is lovely, and very versatile [emoji4].

Thanks, Silkpearl, I think the size is perfect for me.

Septembersiren, I actually think this color will work with most of my clothes. It occurred to me that I was only 30 when American Gigolo came out. Geez.....

Louise, I was trying to see how close the two colors were when it occurred to me that I should take a photo for the forum. There have been many instances where photos people have posted really helped me see color similarities.

Nice! I expect to see a fab modshot by the end of the week. :smile:
** Blondie's "Call Me" running through my head **

The version on the movie sound track is really long. I'll get a modshot together. It won't look anything like the film! :amazed:My favorite scene is where Richard Gere is choosing an outfit from among several possibilities laid out on the bed. I think it may be time to watch AG again.