50cm Birkins and their owners

Thank you for your votes I'm just confused because apparently age mater's frankly the hole thing has turned in to a project my boyfriend is buying it because he put his pocket knife in my bag and it caused a hole in my LV keep all 55 so he said it is his way of saying SORRY!
Now as to what I want,well the bag is nice and I do love the colors but I'm just not very good with decisions. I have a Bj birkin 25 and I have used very little so I'm stuck in the middle for such a big bag I do have to think twice
I'm 5'10 135 pounds and strong so it my not matter how heavy it gets.

Hi all,

I do own a 40cm and a 50cm Birkin in calf leather and togo leather respectively. I carry the 40cm for daily usage, and the 50cm for travelling or camping. I personally like 50cm for its sheer size because I could throw in tons of stuff in it and lug it around.

Just my own take, if you are buying a traveling bag, go for 50cm Birkin. Worth it though all Birkins prices are rocketing high.

Giddyup! Now, that's my kind of camping!! Can you fit a hotel room in there?! :roflmfao:

Jaegerhomme, thanks for the pictures! Your HACs are stunning!! :drool:

Eric, good luck with your search!! :tup:

I figured i would share with everybody this new picture of mary-kate (or is it ashley) olsen carrying her HUGE birkin. it is so fabo, and she only weighs all of what like 90 pounds and she is toting it FULL of stuff. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!:P:P:P

moz-screenshot-5.jpg
4143-484x600.jpg

OH! and did anyone see pharells WAY over the top violet croco birkin HAC. i searched forever to find this pic but finally did. He is actually in the hermes workshop picking it up, but how gauche keychain by jacob the jeweler. hey if you got it flaunt it. figured i would share. Interesting tid-bit, i recently finished the book DELUXE by Dana Thomas (what a wonderful read, very informative) and she detailed her visit to the hermes worshops and she said that when she was talking to one of the seasoned craftsmen, he told her that unlike a 30-35CM birkin, making a 50CM out of crocodile would be extremely hard, it could take up to 10-15 years to find a skin perfect enough to use. Pharrell must have been very very lucky. ENJOY!!!
pharrell-birkin-071207.jpg

I also saw a couple of pics that Katie Holmes used. I thinks it's 40 instead of 50. Also, it looks more like an HAC to me, no? But, I might be wrong :shame:

Attachments

• style267.jpg
    style267.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 547
  • style268.jpg
    style268.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 739
That is definitely an HAC. The hardware is different. The guides for the straps have a large metal plate like on the JPG Birkin and they stand farther away from the bag than the slimmer ones on the Birkin. In addition, the straps on a Birkin can be slid through from the top of the guide. I still think it is a 50cm, though.

Well my boy friend got me the BJ HAC and it is a piece of sky, but I love it He saw the Orange one and said it was a really nice bag as well so as a joke he's like "Now you can collect 50s" They are stunning!!!!! I have to admit orange is the best I love it.

That's hot. I think you have to travel first class to make that bag work. What does everyone think of a 50cm Travel Birkin in the leather/toile combination? (Similar to the one Naomi Campbell brought to trash duty, although I believe hers was a 55cm).