50cm Birkins and their owners

AAB it surely is gorgeous.
i use a 40 cm on plane and it works fine for me and is still beareable to lug around even though my dream is a rouge H matte croc gold HDW 50 cm with matching hardcase trunks but alas that has to wait till the plane i use becomes my own lol :lol:

^^ LOL! I am going to test out the shoulder birkin next time I travel. Hopefully, I will not feel like hurling the bag into the trash bin after walking and carrying it through customs and immigration...

^^ LOL! I am going to test out the shoulder birkin next time I travel. Hopefully, I will not feel like hurling the bag into the trash bin after walking and carrying it through customs and immigration...

actually it works fine just watch out not to overload or else it could happen that if you just slightly move the bag backwards the whole contents spills out.

Dose the base of the HAC have 6 feet and dose it have a leather lining?
I saw a pic of it in Vogue but it gave no credit at the back or I miss it was a cream color. I still dream of it.
Any HAC or Birkin over 40cm will have 6 feet on the bottom. The travel bags come with either leather or toile lining. Also, on these bigger bags, the hardware tends to be solid brass vs. the gold plate they normally use.

Hi all,

I do own a 40cm and a 50cm Birkin in calf leather and togo leather respectively. I carry the 40cm for daily usage, and the 50cm for travelling or camping. I personally like 50cm for its sheer size because I could throw in tons of stuff in it and lug it around.

Just my own take, if you are buying a traveling bag, go for 50cm Birkin. Worth it though all Birkins prices are rocketing high.

Sorry to revisit the issue can any one show a pic of the bottom of the 50cm. I saw one with 9 feet . So now I'm lost, Hermesgroupie can help again thank you.Oh it had a K stamp maybe that helps.

I have been going through the same delimna. 50cm Birkin or 40cm HAC. I've decided the 50cm Birkin is better and believe it or not it is lighter (due to the toile lining). I feel more comfortable carrying it (similar to a duffle bag or an LV Keepall), just obviously more luxurious and expensive! It is going to make the best gym bag ever! The 50cm Birkin also has a zippered leather compartment inside while the HAC has no pockets at all. I do prefer the hardware on the HAC however and it is a difficult decision. I'm getting Black Clemence with GHW.

Castorny my problem just got worst while on a business trip my boy friend spotted 2 Hacs one in blue and one in gold .I can't decide? The Idea of passing on the blue kills me but practicality tells me Gold I'm 27 so my friend said go for the Blue. I'm lost! I at least know I want a Hac 50 !

I am of very little help. I prefer dark colors. Which blue? How tall/strong are you? The 50 HAC is very heavy (it is lined in Chevre). You must also know that it has no pockets whatsoever on the interior. I do love the bag, but find it more an objet d'art than a functional piece. Good luck! Don't let me discourage you. I almost bought a 50 HAC in Chocolate Clemence w/ GHW at Madison Avenue last week!