500 Dollar black leather bag

coldplaybabe

Nov 19, 2010
My anniversary is coming up and its tradition to give your spouse leather. My husband asked me what bag I want and I am clueless. I have like 5 Coach bags and even though I would be open to another one I am so not into the current bags. I would love to buy a Chanel or Balenciaga bag but that is not in our budget. I am looking for a medium sized back with silver or gold hardware. Help!!

I went from Coach to Michael Kors/Rebecca Minkoff or Linea Pelle. The price range is about right and they have some very nice bags.

Linea Pelle is very soft and smooshy. In a way, more casual of a bag. Rebecca Minkoff has some very nice leathers as well. The Nikki is slouchy and smooshy and the MAB or MAM satchels have more structure. Unlike Coach, a lot of these bags are sold other places than the designers website and major dept stores. If I was going to get a new bag with what is out now, it would probably be Rebecca Minkoff.

I would check places like Luna Boston, Aster Alice & My Obsessions Boutique. I think all 3 places have coupon codes going right now. Have fun shopping!

linea pelle makes some nice bags with beautiful, smooshy (yet sturdy) leather. I can't recall prices right now, but I think they are in that price range. Other than the lp website, I think ebags carries some, as well as Amazon, sometimes on sale.

If you have a Nordstroms Rack or Saks Off 5th near you, they will sometimes have the Linea Pelle, Michael Kors and Rebecca Minkoff for $300 or less. But of course selection of style and color varies.

I agree with the suggestions for Botkier, they make some fantastic black bags! My absolute favourite black Botkier has to be the Trigger in black. Mine has gold hardware, and while I'm not typically a gold hardware person, it makes the Trigger versatile enough for work as well as play. Botkier has a tonne of great black bags, with both silver and gold hardware, you should definitely check them out! (The mid-range designer stores like Luna Boston, Aster Alice, My Obsessions Boutique etc all carry Botkier and there's typically a code for at least one of those stores.)