$500 Anniversary Present -- Ideas?

bebeinferno

Jun 8, 2018
So I have a $500 budget for an anniversary present from Tiffany's. I was thinking about getting a .07 silver DBTY pendant because I don't have much diamond jewelry, but I'm not sure if that's the best way to maximize my sparkle. I was also thinking about getting perhaps an Olive Leaf ring (regular or bypass) and another piece to make the $500. Any thoughts or opinions?

Attachments

• DBY.PNG
    DBY.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 255
  • Olive leaf.PNG
    Olive leaf.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 259
Personally I would get the necklace Because I like small and dainty but just a word of warning is that the stone will be tiny. My husband bought me one in aquamarine for Christmas I was pregnant with our son and he was disappointed by the size of the stone.

Here is a pic of me wearing mine to give you an idea of how small the stone is.

Attachments

• CB9418F7-F5E1-4197-8840-82F668EFC36B.jpeg
    CB9418F7-F5E1-4197-8840-82F668EFC36B.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 210
If I were you, I would get the bypass ring - it is beautiful and iconic. In my opinion, the necklace is pretty, but not unique. You could easily find something like that at any ol' jewelers. The rock would probably be bigger too!

On the other hand, the ring says Tiffany - and I don't mean that in the "conspicuous consumption" way, I mean it in the "the design is special and indicative of the superior artistry that makes Tiffany what it is" way.

Regardless of what you get, happy anniversary!

Reactions: noellesmommy
I agree with swangswang. Tiffany isn’t the best place to buy diamonds if you want to maximise your budget. I got my engagement ring from Tiffany more than 10 years ago and if I were to do it all over again, I wouldn’t go for Tiffany as you can get equally good quality diamonds at bigger size with the same amount when you take away the brand. If you were to get something from Tiffany, get something that’s very unique in design for brand.
Another person mentioned of either YG or RG Bean design necklace which I think is a good choice as well- it’s 450USD for your reference.
Whatever you decide to go for, good luck!

I don’t think I would purchase the dbty in sterling, you can get more for your money if you went with an unbranded similar necklace.
I think I would keep perusing the website for something that catches my eye.

Reactions: JVSXOXO
I love your ideas but I'm hesitant because I already have a silver bean (bought it in Chicago as a themed gift for myself!) and I honestly don't love the open heart design.

How about a Color by the Yard piece? It’s similar to the DBTY, but at a price point that would fit your budget. Most of the bracelets are under $500. You just need to check the carat weight of the stone because some are more substantial than others. Also, make sure to get a saturated stone—I originally wanted a citrine, but it wasn’t that noticeable against my skin tone. I ended up with a lovely amethyst where the color is visible no matter which side of the stone is facing up.

If I were you, I would get the bypass ring - it is beautiful and iconic. In my opinion, the necklace is pretty, but not unique. You could easily find something like that at any ol' jewelers. The rock would probably be bigger too!

On the other hand, the ring says Tiffany - and I don't mean that in the "conspicuous consumption" way, I mean it in the "the design is special and indicative of the superior artistry that makes Tiffany what it is" way.

Regardless of what you get, happy anniversary!
I totally get what you're saying. Thank you!!

How about a Color by the Yard piece? It’s similar to the DBTY, but at a price point that would fit your budget. Most of the bracelets are under $500. You just need to check the carat weight of the stone because some are more substantial than others. Also, make sure to get a saturated stone—I originally wanted a citrine, but it wasn’t that noticeable against my skin tone. I ended up with a lovely amethyst where the color is visible no matter which side of the stone is facing up.
Great idea! I'll take a look at those.

I love what you’ve chosen! The dbty and olive leaf collections are two of my favorites.

One nice thing about the silver dbty is that the bezel is a little thicker and seems to add more size to the stone, so even the smaller stones have a pretty good presence! Too bad stores aren’t open right now to see pieces in person. By getting the smallest size (.03) dbty necklace, you could get the regular olive leaf ring as well just a little over budget. I have the bracelet in .05 and it’s a nice size I think (although definitely on the dainty side).

It’s a tough but fun choice! Good luck deciding!

Reactions: ale1987
I love the DBTY jewelry but I could never pay Tiffany prices, as they're far too high for such small diamonds. I went with a smaller jeweler for a .50ct diamond station bracelet (five .10ct diamond stations) and have no regrets! So if you wanted that style, you could probably get something much bigger from a smaller jeweler within your budget. If you really want a Tiffany piece then I would definitely get something that is uniquely Tiffany and not easily replicated by other jewelers. Good luck deciding!