5 souvenirs...what would you ask for?

angel81chick

Jan 25, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hello all...

My sisters are leaving for England and Scotland this week. I need to give them a list of things I want.

Though I have been to England before, I have yet to visit Scotland, so I'm not sure what to ask for.

This is where you all can help....is there something in particular that is a must have or quintessential to the Scottish experience?

TIA

Oh yeah...so far, I am asking for a Burberry scarf, seeing as it is so "english" :P

Dec 11, 2006
shortbread, haggis, edinburgh, highlands - i know very cliche but this is what i fell in love with when i was there. honestly, scotland is one of my fave countries, if not the favourite! :love: totally love it.

seriously, you could ask for shortbread and maybe traditional scottish wool jumpers - at least as far as I saw that was something quite trad for there.

best is though if some scots would input, as they know all the 'insider' stuff... lucky your sisters, wish I could go!

Dec 11, 2006
as for burberry - the actual 'burberry' check is not really worn in UK except football crazies. I would ask for something more understatement from burberry ;).

also quintessentially English - something from Topshop, PG tips (tea), and Galaxy Ministrels (ok, that is just what I miss right now - used to live there and I want MINISTRELS!).

Burberry was made in Wales but now it's closed and relocated to China or somewhere.

Scottish - Hagis (if you dare), Shortbread, Tartan, Whiskey

England - Tea, Newcastle Brown Ale, something from Harrods, cadbury chocolate, something with the Queen on

BagAngel

Louis Vuitton Addict
O.G.
Oct 30, 2006
UK
From Scotland perhaps something tartan, they have different tartans for different clans!

From England, well if in London then definitely something from Harrods :smile:

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
Something from Harrods for sure, and on the cheaper side.... Walkers Cheese and onion Crisps!! God I miss those.

MaxHavoc

Vegas Vixen
Sep 25, 2006
Sin City
I agree with the others....

A tote from Harrods (they have the cutest little dog mascot...I'm a sucker for a cute doggie)

Tea Mug (I love the size of a lot of these...usually as tall as a normal mug but slender)

Tea

Shortbread

Candy (I love British candy...I'm not a huge candy fan but the British stuff tastes so much better than the overly sweet stuff we're used to in the States)

And I always ask for Migralieve (sp???) an OTC pain reliever with codiene. ;) ***Technically, you're not supposed to bring these back though***