5 motifs bracelet resizing help

kikirabbit

Jul 1, 2015
I have an opportunity to get a preloved 5 motifs bracelet in carnelian at a great price. However the seller said that the length is 18cm and my wrist is only 13.5cm.

I know I'd have to get it shortened as I prefer a closer fit, maybe around 16cm. I'm assuming that VCA would remove the links closest to the clasp, would this spoil the symmetry of the bracelet since now the spacing between the motifs will be uneven?

If there's no way around this I may go for the single motif bracelet instead as it can be shortened without this issue.

Help please? Thank you!

467897.png.adapt.300.png

Although I have not personally had a bracelet shortened, I believe VCA would remove links evenly between all motifs. Similarly when lengthening they add links evenly between all motifs

Although I have not personally had a bracelet shortened, I believe VCA would remove links evenly between all motifs. Similarly when lengthening they add links evenly between all motifs

Yes, they remove links in between each motif to keep the symmetry. I have had all of my bracelets shortened and they give you the extra links with it.
Thanks for the info [emoji2]

Hopefully I'll get to do a reveal soon.

Yes, they remove links in between each motif to keep the symmetry. I have had all of my bracelets shortened and they give you the extra links with it.
I wonder why they didn't give me the extra links. I had mine recently shortened right after purchase at Neiman's VCA. Oh well, probably to late to ask about it now. I had no idea. I will know for future though.

Reviving this post with a few questions:
  1. What constitutes a link? My SA seemed to suggest a link is actually two segments together? It was suggested to me to take off two links, but I don’t know how that would look on my bracelet and worry about unevenness. Right now my bracelet hangs over my hand and can be slipped off with a lot of effort.
  2. If I gain a lot of weight (God forbid) will VCA charge to put the links back on?
  3. How long does the adjustment take?

1. What constitutes a link? My SA seemed to suggest a link is actually two segments together? It was suggested to me to take off two links, but I don’t know how that would look on my bracelet and worry about unevenness. Right now my bracelet hangs over my hand and can be slipped off with a lot of effort.
  2. If I gain a lot of weight (God forbid) will VCA charge to put the links back on?
Yes a link is actually two segments

I had 2 links taken out too. They were taken out between the 2 clovers on the ends. I took a pic for you to see. It’s really not noticeable when worn that it’s not completely symmetrical.

If you have a good relationship with your VCA, I don’t think they will charge to put them back in later on. If you’re more of an occasional buyer, they probably will.

The adjustment takes about 1-2weeks.

2B99329D-5545-4EAE-BFC1-EE6535D06D9B.jpeg

Reactions: partialtopink
"Links" are coupled. Two visible links are considered one link. Do get the best wearable fit. Your bracelet should be comfortable and bring you no worry of loosing it. YES! VCA will put the links back in for you in many cases complementary you keep up with them.

Reactions: partialtopink
Yes a link is actually two segments

I had 2 links taken out too. They were taken out between the 2 clovers on the ends. I took a pic for you to see. It’s really not noticeable when worn that it’s not completely symmetrical.

If you have a good relationship with your VCA, I don’t think they will charge to put them back in later on. If you’re more of an occasional buyer, they probably will.

The adjustment takes about 1-2weeks.

View attachment 4090018

Thank you so much! This was so helpful! Beautiful bracelet and even more beautiful H Collection. I was considering the MOP, but ultimately went with the gold.