$5,000 Worth of Scarves Ruined

baybay0359 said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with having children in the mall. Obviously a high end boutique is different...but really? No kids at the mall? Thats a little strange.

That's what I meant by having kids in the mall, store, where ever WITH water balloons. Walmart and target included. ;)

I was in the Coach store and saw these two kids running and screaming in out of the store and I looked at the parents like, are you serious?! The only store where that behavior is acceptable is Toys R Us, because it's "their" store. Outside of stores for kids I think parents should keep a close watch and not allow them to run around.

The lady should be glad it was LV's merchandise they ruined and not another customer's. I'm sure if they dumped a water balloon on someone's bag the outcome would have been much different. And what if the boy burst the balloon on the floor and then slipped and fell? Fine, you don't care about other people's property, you should at least care about the safety of your child!

I worked at Toys R Us during high school. You won't believe the amount of parental supervision people put in. Some people have actually asked me to watch their kids while they get gifts, some have let the children have an 'accident' in a playhouse and walked off, and so many people don't bother to report some glass shards that have resulted from a baby bottle. Another couple left their children to play in the bikes section and the child eventually fell off one of the display models on a top shelf.. the parents were at Ikea across the street while we had to call in an ambulance because it was pretty serious.

I really think parents should watch their kids carefully regardless of where they are. Even at home, there could be dangerous places like the kitchen, glass tables, etc.. it's important to always keep a watch out for children.

You're in Apex? We just bought a home in Holly Springs! Glad to know I'm not alone out here. I always feel a little out of place wearing my luxury items in HS. We need to carpool to Saks! That drive is a pain!

Really? My son's school is in HS! Congratulations on your new home. We do need to carpool to Saks. I cannot stand the drive. It is a lonnng 40 minutes to LV. I know what you mean about carrying luxury items in the Apex/Holly Springs area. Great to see you here on TPF!

I find it hard to believe that these kids carried water balloons into the mall, let alone an LV store. The other thing is, the incident was reported by someone else to the SA??? Where was she this whole time? She didn't notice the kids in the first place? They destroyed merchandise and the SA had no idea??? Doesn't make sense to me...

SweetCherries said:
Curious to know where the LV security guy(s) were?:huh:

Exactly what I thought, the security guys always confiscate drinks, umbrella anything that might caused damaged and they're alway hovering all around. Where are they when needed

Lurker here. Why does anyone have the attitude of oh well the scarves aren't actually worth $5000 because it doesn't cost LV that much to make them? That is beside the point. It is still destruction of property. If you have well behaved kids then bring them in. Otherwise, leave them at home with a babysitter!! People think their kids are entitled to go everywhere. As though it is their right no matter what the child does. When my kids were little I watched them like a hawk if we went anywhere that had expensive things.

Im in So Cal. Granted "Most times" ok ok usually all the time ive gone to LV when the mall firsts opens. Ive never seen LV Security before. I have seen LV Security at South Coast Plaza an in Santa Monica but both times were evenings an i didnt buy.

I always thought if you broke/damaged something in a store you had to buy it?

Children aren't always the worst for this, I've seen adults spill coffee/pop on things in stores and sneak away without owning up to the damage.

Can't the scarves be dried if it's just water - if you got caught out in the rain would your scarf be ruined?

I think it was not nice and a little bit rude of the mother to not apologize for the damage her kids had caused. A nice apology would have suffice but just blatantly walking off without a word of apology is rude. It applies everywhere and not just an LV store.

My parents live in Raleigh and this is the LV that I go to when I visit. I'm just waiting for the OP to come back and post that this is an early/late April fools joke or something because I just can't believe that somebody would actually bring kids to a store like LV with water balloons and then not be apologetic on top of that when merchandise is ruined. I know that $5000 is nothing for LV, but that type of behavior is still quite classless on the part of an adult.

My husband got into trouble in Louis Vuitton once because he opened a bottle of water and he was no wear near goods, and I once watcher someone get into trouble for wrapping a belt round there waist,
It is comme sence you respect the store and that woman should of at least apologised It just left ,
My little boy 3 has come with e before they gave him a chair and crayons to draw