5.00 Fee on E-checks

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Can someone explain this to me. I have been a member of Paypal (Premium Merchant acct) since 1999. I have used E-checks, sent them, recieved them, and never have I been charged a fee of 5.00. I sent an e-check to my sister a few weeks ago and she just checked and she was charged 88 cents and I was charged nothing to send it.

What is all of this I hear about a 5.00 fee. Is it when you do not have a credit card to back up your bank acct?

Thanks in advance.

2. When you send money using an echeck, as the buyer, you are not charged a fee. The person who receives the money is charged, the maximum amount the receiver pays is $5.00. The fee varies depending upon the amount of money received via echeck.

If you log on to paypal and do a search of fee schedule, you should find an explanation of the fees for an echeck.

HTH

3. I gotcha! Thanks. 5.00 is the maximum. The posts that I heard talking about this were higher ticket items where the fee would be 5.00. Thanks for explaining that. I was wondering if there was some standard 5.00 fee for some type of accounts.

4. I prefer echecks as payment as opposed to the the other fees for instant transfers. Its so worth waiting a few days for an echeck to clear!

5. I waited waaaaay more than a few days for that echeck to clear. I hated it. I'm not that patient. Maybe it was because the check was from Canada that it took soo long.