$4k Chanel bag sold - BUYER CLAIMS EMPTY BOX

why did you quote me?

because you asked a question and i quoted the answer as well

well the buyer will not be able to win with paypal if the seller has proof of the signature confirmation.

assuming you read that and thats why you have this second reply, the part i bolded also states that the recipient signature was viewable via USPS at 12:49..i'm assuming OP did get the signature confirmation that is needed because it shows the actual signature, thus proof it was sent and received for.. but i'll let the OP clear that up, it is what i read as when i read her reply :smile:

edit-

BUT, buyer can file SNAD which is what she'll probably do, not, that it wasn't delivered.

because you asked a question and i quoted the answer as well

assuming you read that and thats why you have this second reply, the part i bolded also states that the recipient signature was viewable via USPS at 12:49..i'm assuming OP did get the signature confirmation that is needed because it shows the actual signature, thus proof it was sent and received for.. but i'll let the OP clear that up, it is what i read as when i read her reply :smile:

edit-

BUT, buyer can file SNAD which is what she'll probably do, not, that it wasn't delivered.

let her ship it back, if the weight doesn't measure up, then report it.

why would you let her ship it back? isn't that the step towards refund? of course it wouldn't measure up if there is a purse missing?

Agree.

There is nothing to ship back, first of all, and second allowing the buyer to ship an item back is essentially agreeing to a refund.

The first step needs to be filing a claim with the post office, without a doubt. Who knows if this buyer is being honest or not, but if it were me personally this would be the first thing I did...

I am in tears right now after looking over photos the buyer sent me supposedly of the box/packaging in the condition she received it (and her descriptions of each photo). The tape is mostly slashed open....part of the box is open.....I package everything extremely carefully and my post office even helps me add additional reinforcement tape, I just can't fathom a parcel ending up in that condition in <24 hours traveling from one borough of NYC to another.....post offices wouldn't even accept packages like this with the tape slashed open. And what really bogs my mind is why would anyone (in this case, she says the SO?) sign for a package in this condition?

http://i27.tinypic.com/2v7vw3a.jpg - Once you
press on it you can see the tape is broken

http://i31.tinypic.com/t7g3r6.jpg - The side where
the tape is cut

http://i31.tinypic.com/2mi01nk.jpg - You lift it
up and can see the tape is cut

http://i30.tinypic.com/2zsct5j.jpg - The other
side which is sealed on the end cut in the middle

http://i32.tinypic.com/28tdnbl.jpg - The middle
that is cut

http://i27.tinypic.com/33mwop3.jpg - The inside of
the purse box​

I feel awful for you. I have known you here as a member for a number of years and you have been a great person, always honest, good member of the PF.
Something just seems off with this, with her story. Why would the delivery person not notice this obvious slash?

From the pictures you posted, it looks like only one side was cut open...but how is that possible if she opened it from the top and never saw the cut open bottom until she realized the bag was missing?

I would call ebay and see what they have to say. Please do keep us posted.
Very good advice - CALL EBAY ASAP. I am hoping this was insured and the USPS will be responsible, but of course you would be out your bag AND the buyer's money; insurance would only pay for one of those losses. Perhaps your post office who you deal with regularly can attest to the package leaving them intact and if they weighed it, they will know that weight could not be an empty box. If the buyer paid with Google, she can't do a chargeback (as with PP), but she can possibly do a CC chargeback.
Please keep us posted. This very well could be a scam. Check her FB on www.toolhaus.org?

Last edited:
This story is WAY off.I hate to say it BUT i think the buyer is scamming u.Id file a claim ASAP......Her story has too many holes...the siggy situation is odd too.Look at her FB,any negs?ANY History of any issues?

THIS is why i dont do EBAY...Im so sad this happened to u.....it royally sucks

Something just seems off with this, with her story. Why would the delivery person not notice this obvious slash?

I agree. The mail carrier definitely would have noticed if he/she delivered the box in this condition; maybe they'd also remember if the box felt full or empty. Can you call the PO and ask to speak with the carrier that delivered the box? Maybe he/she will be able to help you. Good luck, Foxy!

I am in tears right now after looking over photos the buyer sent me supposedly of the box/packaging in the condition she received it (and her descriptions of each photo). The tape is mostly slashed open....part of the box is open.....I package everything extremely carefully and my post office even helps me add additional reinforcement tape, I just can't fathom a parcel ending up in that condition in <24 hours traveling from one borough of NYC to another.....post offices wouldn't even accept packages like this with the tape slashed open. And what really bogs my mind is why would anyone (in this case, she says the SO?) sign for a package in this condition?

Did the buyer reported anything to her PO? She really needs to do it ASAP, like tomorrow.

Also, I do not understand the signature thing. How can a signature be on file at 12:49 when the husband signed for the package late in the afternoon? Is mail even being delivered in the afternoon?

p-WA

I agree that something is not right here - it just doesn't add up. You should definitely file a claim first thing and see what the PO says. Hopefully they will take the lead. I think it will help immensely that the delivery was so close; the package can't have touched many hands. Try not to assume the worst yet, though I know it's hard to no worry. We're here to help if we can! I'm so sorry you have to go through this :hugs:

This is terrible for you...I don't do evilbay for this very reason): I think it sounds like a scam too...just doesn't make sense that someone would accept a package that's been open. There's more to this person's story than she's telling.