40CM Kelly

moto

O.G.
Nov 22, 2007
Could anyone say if their Kelly 40CM is practical for an everyday bag?? I am seriously considering this handbag listed with a wonderful re-seller. Is it more or less as efficient as the 35CM Birkin?? TIA:confused1:

Purple D or any of you who own kelly 40, Could you show pics of kelly 40 in action? so that we could imagine the difference b/w 32, 35 & 40. Thanks

40cm Kelly is a fantastic bag! For everyday use I recommend souple Kelly, rigid can feel bit clumsy..! My 40cm souple clemence holds tons of stuff (even my MacBook Pro!) and still looks seriously chic. Go for it girl! :tup:

Hey There....only very little time left. Hello2703...I have to gather the courage to actually purchase something that I haven't touched or visualized first hand. I'll get it together....you'll be the first to know. Thanks everyone. Meanwhile, I'd love some pictures. :jammin:

One thing I've always wondered about the kelly of this size (or any size really) is how it takes a lot of weight with that kind of closure and handle? I'd be so afraid the leather would tear because the handle isen't really attatched to both sides of the bag KWIM? I've seen so many executive leather "brief-cases" on business men and officials here that have the almost exact same closure as kelly and same handle solution and some of those bags look like they're about to fall apart!:s The Birkin and the HAC have different handles that looks like they'll divide the weight burden a lot more evenly.

:angel: Good point! I wonder if Hermes has an unofficial "maximum content weight" for Kelly and Birkin?

Liberté;6298146 said:
One thing I've always wondered about the kelly of this size (or any size really) is how it takes a lot of weight with that kind of closure and handle? I'd be so afraid the leather would tear because the handle isen't really attatched to both sides of the bag KWIM? I've seen so many executive leather "brief-cases" on business men and officials here that have the almost exact same closure as kelly and same handle solution and some of those bags look like they're about to fall apart!:s The Birkin and the HAC have different handles that looks like they'll divide the weight burden a lot more evenly.

I do have the same concerns regarding the weight on the clasp....and this concern keeps coming up in each of your comments. I'll go to my "H" store today, and ask my SA the question. Time is running out for me ...wish me luck.:smile: