$400 - Kelly Double Tour or Burberry Trench?

LilTiffany

O.G.
Jun 5, 2007
Hi everyone,

My 5 year anniversary (dating, not marriage :P) and birthday is coming up and my boyfriend's been asking me what I want. I'm planning on having a combined gift for about $400 which led me to think about the Kelly Double Tour which I find adorable and chic. However, last night I was in a store that was selling a white Burberry trench for $400, originally $800.

I know this is the H forum so there might be a bit of a bias, but please offer me your advice. Here's my analysis so far:

Kelly Double Tour
Pro:
- It's adorable yet tres chic
- I'd adore something from H (I've really only gotten soap from there) and it will be a long ways away before I can afford a Kelly/Birkin
- I'm heading to Paris with my bf so this would be like a birthday present/anniversary present/souveneir wrapped into one.
Con:
- I'm not a fan of wearing bracelets to work, as I find them annoying to type with, so I'd probably only wearit going shopping or maybe out to dinner.
- When I'm going shopping/out to dinner what I wear may call for silver/diamond jewlery vs. leather bracelet

Burberry Trench
Pro:
- I would get quite a bit of use out of it since it could be worn daily to work in spring/fall.
- I've been yearning for a Burberry trench, although this is a new "craving".

Con:
- It's the white "slippery" material - not sure if it's Nylon, but it still looks great. But being white, it's bound to get dirty somewhat easier and I'm not sure if a beige cotton trench would be more practical/hold up better.
- My mom just bought me a black Mexx trench. So I currently have a black 3/4 sleeve Nine West "fashionable" trench (which can really just be worn on a fairly warm day), and a black Mexx trench which is full sleeves...so should I really get another trench? (Although I don't have one in beige/white)
- It's a size 10 - so it's a tad baggy/ long in the sleeves but the shoulders fit perfectly. so I'll likely shorten the sleeves but - not sure if it'll be tricky/pricey since there's the cuff part.

What would you get if you were me?:confused1:

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 218
  • kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 173
I pick the trench because I will find more use for it. I don't wear bracelets much, and also have to remove them when I am using the computer.

I think as a gift from a boyfriend, I would take the bracelet. Somehow clothing from boyfriends is not as endearing as jewelry...just MHO. Also, if you ever break up, it's easier to not wear the bracelet than a really great trench!! I'm v practical that way. I don't wear any jewelry or stuff from exes....so BUY for yourself the one you REALLY like. :P

LT, I am the girl that would pick a Birkin over a diamond in other gift threads, so
I would have to say that I'd rather have the Kelly Double Tour than the trench. :smile:

hermesmonkey, also gave some wonderful advice - it's more
endearing to receive jewelry from a boyfriend/husband.

I'd go for the bracelet but solely because you say the trench is white and doesn't fit you properly. If it had been classic beige and your size I'd have said the trench

Burberry Trench! I have one in yellow and it does not get dirty very easily but mine is not made of a nylon material. Is there any way you can get a size 8 (the sleeves might be shorter on it).

I have to say the Kelly double tour because it doesn't sound like the trench is really as versatile as you want. If it were classic khaki/tan or navy, then I'd go for the trench. That said, shortening the sleeves is easy, and they do not get dirty easily, as they are treated for water and stain resistance.

It's really a good price for the burberry (at least it would be here) so I would pick that one esp if it looks anything like the one portrayed. It's gorgeous. :heart: However, the kelly bracelet is really versatile! You can use all the cadenas on it and change it up, it's fun to wear. =)