40 cm kelly - Is it very cool and useful, or a big mistake?

A vote for 'cool' here:

I have one (in Graphite Clemence, retourne type) and it doesn't feel briefcase-y at all to me. I'm also waiting for a canvas strap to wear it cross-body too.

My style is a bit 'off' though...I like different types of hats, scarves, boots/sandals, African style hair wraps, interesting jewelery(I also have an ear cartilage piercing and nose pierce), etc.

I'm the un-classic...So for me, the hyperpituitary Kelly totally works. It's also great carrying some of my kids' items... also balances my un-svelte 'figure' a bit. I hope.:s:lol:

I was worried about access but this is far more comfortable to use than my Birkin.

I would get one. I saw one in black togo with phw last summer. Almost bought it but was not too crazy about the veining and large pebble size of this particular togo leather. I would probably get or order one in a shade of dark brown like marron fonce or ebene in box or evercalf. What I liked was the wider straps, convience of a shoulder strap, so much room, classic elegance and beauty of the Kelly bag design, ergonomic handle. Even a guy can carry this size. Very nice when carried while wearing trousers I think.

I love it. Being over 6 ft tall, the 40 in the Kelly and the Birkin are my first choice. Though, if I plan to use the Kelly for going out/dinner out, etc. I might go down a size. Then again, why not simply buy both! In the end, how it looks and feels to you are all that matter.

I would get one. I saw one in black togo with phw last summer. Almost bought it but was not too crazy about the veining and large pebble size of this particular togo leather. I would probably get or order one in a shade of dark brown like marron fonce or ebene in box or evercalf. What I liked was the wider straps, convience of a shoulder strap, so much room, classic elegance and beauty of the Kelly bag design, ergonomic handle. Even a guy can carry this size. Very nice when carried while wearing trousers I think.

Jaeger, I give your opinion a lot of weight - the fact that a guy would consider carrying one is a good statement. Men tend to be more particular as to the form and function of bags, or really, any accessories for that matter. (or maybe its just my fussy-artist husband who is, I dunno)

reviving this thread.

would love to see your kelly 40 in action & for comparison, kelly 35 in action as well!

Plus your height to give a sense of proportion.

Thanks in advance!:heart:

anyone have a pic of a sellier Kelly, no offense but i detest retourne. particularly in a box leather. Alot of you say that it's not very briefcase like but i want it as a briefcase, i hope i can pull it off.

Here's a great comparison from ilovemylife:love:. She's approximately 165cm and 53kg as we are nearly identical in height and weight.

20/25/28/32/35/40cm sellier kelly's.

attachment.php

Here's a pic of me and my 35cm kelly flat
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• kellyst1.jpg
    kellyst1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5,533