4 – 5 Quality Pieces per Seasons, Which Brands?

gina2328

O.G.
Jul 12, 2007
I am looking to seriously invest in quality versus quantity in my Wardrobe. I want to divide my Seasons by four, Jan – March, April – June, July – September, and October – December. I determined that my budget for each season is about $ 1,600 to
$ 2,000. So basically depending on if I buy four or five pieces it can be about $ 300 to $ 500 per piece.

Also, some pieces will cost less and some cost more. For example, if I buy a Trench coat, I may spend more on that, versus a black blazer.

The only thing that I cannot have in my pieces is wool. I am allergic to any wool content, even 5% makes me itch. The question I have is which brands are good for quality pieces? Cotton is good with some stretch added. Silk is always nice, are polyester blends a sign of low quality?

For now am looking for the following in classic styles, nothing trendy:

A black blazer
A white blazer
A trench coat, knee length
A black leather moto style jacket

Thank you.

Wool is used in most high quality blazers, but I have a stunning one from DVF that is silk and goes with jeans or dressier things!
I love my Ted Baker leather moto jacket and it was $695 - looks like it costs double! Very well made.

Nothing is like a knee length tan Burberry classic trench. Half your budget, but totally worth forgoing a couple of other pieces for it!!

A black blazer

i think theory has the most amazing blazers....

A white blazer

theory

i would save money for a RO, bal or Isabel Marant...

DVF, M Missoni, Marc by Marc Jacobs, See by Chloe, Red Valentiono and other more "affordable" versions of major fashion houses could be a nice option for you.

For threnches, I'd recommend saving for a Burberry one. Both my parents have one each for more than 25 years and still looks brand new. Their quality is great, IMO, (unless they changed it through the years, which I doubt). I also like some designs of the more affordable Aqua Scutum.

For a leather jacket, the Balenciaga jackets are incredible, but even on sale range from $1,200 to $2,000 based on current vs. previous season, color, style, etc.

For a classic black leather jacket, the Perfecto Schott style in a women's cut is great, and runs around $500.

I agree with the theory blazers!!! If you want a less expensive option, club monaco fare pretty well. Mackage for the leathers and trenches all the way!!!!

I also vote for Theory, but they are mostly wool. Though you can always count on zara to do pretty good quality suit separates and blazers for <$200, that aren't wool.

Check All Saints or Kenneth Cole New York for leather jackets.

For the blazer: besides Theory, I'd check out Smythe. If you're looking for one a bit cheaper in your budget, closer to the $300 mark, I'd check out the talula Exeter at Aritzia, which I think is around $200ish.

For the leather jacket: Mackage or Soia & Kyo. Perhaps Rick Owens, too.

I know everybody has said the same thing, but Theory is amazing for blazers. I know it's not on your list, but just to throw it out there, get the matching pants or skirt because it would just make your life so much easier.

Theory blazers has been frequently mentioned. Is Theysken's theory the same quality as Theory? I notice they also have nice looking blazers and I think I might like to buy one of their blazers, I like their style clothing.

I will keep an eye out for Theory too.

A black blazer

i think theory has the most amazing blazers....

A white blazer

theory

i wjould save money for a RO, bal or Isabel Marant...

Agreed! I love my theory blazer! I'm currently looking to invest in another one. Also, I really like zara and bcbg blazers. Oh, and I hear jcrew has some nice ones as well.