3d party authentification

If you had opened the case with eBay rather than Paypal, you wouldn't have had to pay for an authentication, but unfortunately that's your only option now. Carol Diva's statements of authenticity (or non-authenticity) are accepted by Paypal.

I would have it authenticated here, first, though - are you 100% sure it's counterfeit?

It was authenticated here and received a "looks good" aswell as answers to the OP's queries about internal layout.

She cannot re-open a new claim again though on the item so this probably won't work for her.

Sounds like she focused on the fact that she thought it felt weird and thought it was fake for her claim, so now she'll have to deal with that angle only most likely, and give Paypal proof of it being a counterfeit to win the claim. (The other aspects of her unhappiness seemed like an after thought. I'd like to see the cracking she's referring to.) :smile: If it's really a damaged bag, that could/should have been her main focus.

I didn't really mean to be combative toward the OP :P but as an occasional seller of my items, who sees a LOT with often unknowledgeable buyers, I sometimes feel the need to sort of point out the devil's advocate position. I don't love seeing authentic sellers unjustly accused or feedback (if she leaves it) unnecessarily ruined. I do understand buying online through the 2nd hand market is a bit scary though! Hopefully a professional authentication will help clear things up for the buyer.

I think this seller too (if it's the bag OP posted in the other thread for positive authentication) has a posted 14-day return policy, so I'm confused about why the return was refused... perhaps OP you can call Paypal and explain that the seller sold it with a return policy that you should be allowed to utilize. (If it's within 14 days still.) Might be your best course of action at this point. :smile:

Oh, yep, I missed that a claim was already opened...nope, can't open another one. OP - why did you open a claim that it was fake before actually getting the PROOF that it was fake, especially after it was authenticated here? Also, I would have been DARNED sure it was a fake before coming on here and claiming our authenticators were wrong and authenticated a fake!!

It's possible the seller sent her a different bag than the one that was authenticated through pics. All OP has to do now is get the one that she has in her possession authenticated here (for free) and she'll know for sure.

Hello everybody!

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your comments and advices. You are fantastic!

Yes, it is the same bag again but it is being reviewed... so I waiting for the result. I was more thinking if anybody actually knew if there really was a "legal department" at LV and if you might have some ideas how to proceed since it can not be easy to judge only from photos.

well, the bag just doesnt feel right, something feels wrong with it. (Not at all because I have changed my mind, I love the Palermo. )Thank you for your information bout the older Palermos, that they might feel softer. Do you know if it might be less rough after using it a few months? Just a thought...

Yes, I am quite used to have these bags around me since both grand mother and mother always loved LV (perhaps being French helps as well:smile: ). But , yes... this is my first purchase of such a new bag. The other one was probably from 2005. (My Alma and speedy from late 1990´s and the Never fulls från 2007. )

I read somewhere that the quality is not like it used to be but I hope this is not a reason for selling the bags with cracked leather.

The advice about the bags not being as described is very helpful... it smelled cigarette as well even if described as new.

I promise I am a very good buyer... :smile: I have tried to contact the seller several times, but they did not answer me at first. Only after 6 emails, they replied and said the bag was authentic.. which of course, might even be the case. They might just be busy selling lots of things. I dont know.

I have tried to post some photos of the cracking vachette but it seems impossible to load up from the computer. I have to try again.

Kind regards

Yes, it is the same bag again but it is being reviewed... so I waiting for the result. I was more thinking if anybody actually knew if there really was a "legal department" at LV and if you might have some ideas how to proceed since it can not be easy to judge only from photos.

No offence OP but of course LV have a legal department but what makes you think they would be interested in authenticating a bag someone bought on ebay? Think about it, what money are LV making from the second hand market - not a penny. Also, you're talking about sending it to lawyers .... who would need to send it to a factory (even in the highly unlikely event they would agree to look at it) ... how long do you think that's going to take? An awful lot longer than PP have given you to provide your proof that's for sure.

The third party authentication services started business for a reason ..... is there some reason you are avoiding using one of them? They are experts in using photographs for assessment after all.

And for the record, it's unlikely a bag would be sold with cracked leather (not impossible however) but imperfections do arise over time. I've returned and had replaced a few bags that had known manufacturing problems over the years.

Please do post pictures of the cracks you have mentioned and I'm sure other Palermo owners can chime in.

Hello everybody!

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your comments and advices. You are fantastic!

well, the bag just doesnt feel right, something feels wrong with it. (Not at all because I have changed my mind, I love the Palermo. )Thank you for your information bout the older Palermos, that they might feel softer. Do you know if it might be less rough after using it a few months? Just a thought...

Yes, I am quite used to have these bags around me since both grand mother and mother always loved LV (perhaps being French helps as well:smile: ). But , yes... this is my first purchase of such a new bag. The other one was probably from 2005. (My Alma and speedy from late 1990´s and the Never fulls från 2007. )

I read somewhere that the quality is not like it used to be but I hope this is not a reason for selling the bags with cracked leather.

The advice about the bags not being as described is very helpful... it smelled cigarette as well even if described as new.

I promise I am a very good buyer... :smile: I have tried to contact the seller several times, but they did not answer me at first. Only after 6 emails, they replied and said the bag was authentic.. which of course, might even be the case. They might just be busy selling lots of things. I dont know.

I have tried to post some photos of the cracking vachette but it seems impossible to load up from the computer. I have to try again.

Kind regards

LV absolutely has a legal department but they wouldn't deal with anything like this. When you say "cracking", do you mean "wrinkling"? Vachetta wrinkles sometimes. It sounds as though there are lots of reasons why you are unhappy with this bag. The seller offers a 14 day return policy. You can submit your proof (dated e-mails) to ebay that show you wanted to return the item within the 14 day return period and that should work for you....I think. I know you got pay pay involved with an inauthentic claim so that might complicate things.

I just have to put in my two cents worth here. I bought a fake Miu Miu on ebay one time and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It didn't smell good like luxury bags do. It smelled like chemicals. I got my money back but long story.....

So I don't know how many LV's you have to compare it to but if you have a feeling then definitely get it authenticated even if you do end up selling it, because then you're left with a bad rap if it is fake.

You could actually take the bag into any LV store and a knowledgeable sa could also give it a look especially if you know them. My sister passed down a speedy that she didn't know was fake and I was totally humiliated when the sa told me it was fake but that does show that they can and will. Just my thoughts......

I'll also post and take the risk of offending the OP but honestly, this is the type of buyer I want to avoid.

I don't authenticate LV but I do authenticate other brands and I can tell you that you are very wrong when you say "it can not be easy to judge only from photos." It's actually very possible and often easy to authenticate based on pictures, especially when the right pictures and angles are shown.

And in fact, volunteer authenticators here and on other boards as well as paid professional authenticators are probably better at knowing the product and knowing what to look for to determine authenticity than an employee of the design house.

Handbag fanatics are people who have bought, shopped, fondled and caressed their brand(s) for years and have a knowledge that is often unknown to a salesperson. SAs are trained to sell product and answer basic questions. They usually don't know the history, changes in design and construction over the years, information about fonts, date codes, linings, stitching, etc.

I'd trust a TPF authenticator over an SA any day!

As for LV's legal department, they aren't going to deal with you. They don't want you buying online from ebay! They want you to purchase a new product from them! So why would they want to help you authenticate your unauthorized purchase?

I don't care how "good" a buyer you think you are; a buyer who files a dispute without proof of her accusation is a nightmare!

I just have to put in my two cents worth here. I bought a fake Miu Miu on ebay one time and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It didn't smell good like luxury bags do. It smelled like chemicals. I got my money back but long story.....
---

You could actually take the bag into any LV store and a knowledgeable sa could also give it a look especially if you know them. My sister passed down a speedy that she didn't know was fake and I was totally humiliated when the sa told me it was fake but that does show that they can and will. Just my thoughts......

Actually, SA's often dismiss a bag as fake whether or not they know anything. It's the easiest default if a bag didn't come from that very store.

And incidentally, a chemical smell sometimes occurs on authentic goods as well.

Actually, SA's often dismiss a bag as fake whether or not they know anything. It's the easiest default if a bag didn't come from that very store.

And incidentally, a chemical smell sometimes occurs on authentic goods as well.

That's why I said especially if she "knows" the sa. The sa at the one near me knows me by name and is a manager but I did deal with one girl there once and I called and complained about her. She was not only rude but she was wrong! If you're going to be snotty you should at least know what you're talking about. That's the only one there that I wouldn't give high marks to. The rest were very good.

That's true about the smell but the bag I had was a fake and experts agree that smell is a factor; not the only factor but can be one of first indicators. It's especially true if you are familiar with the way the bags are supposed to smell. This one was very unpleasant. Miu Miu's don't smell like that.

Someone had suggested she sell it due to buyer's remorse and I was just encouraging her to be sure to have it authenticated regardless of what path she took. If it is fake she shouldn't sell it. That could sully her name. Sometimes your gut is the best indicator.

Oh, dear... I did not know it was possible to be offended in a forum like this but thank you everybody who tried to help me.

I did not mean that I intended to contact the legal dep. The seller claimed they were the only authorised to verify authencity.

I would ver much like to show you the cracked vachetta... once again, not to be offended but to ask for your opinion.

Does anybody know how to post a photo in the thread? It says URL when i click on photos. See,s like they have to be on the internet...

Oh, dear... I did not know it was possible to be offended in a forum like this but thank you everybody who tried to help me.

I did not mean that I intended to contact the legal dep. The seller claimed they were the only authorised to verify authencity.

I would ver much like to show you the cracked vachetta... once again, not to be offended but to ask for your opinion.

Does anybody know how to post a photo in the thread? It says URL when i click on photos. See,s like they have to be on the internet...
When you click "reply," you get the reply box and at the top, there's a paperclip icon.

CLick the paperclip and you can either "browse" your computer OR enter a URL. Click browse and find the picture.

Sometimes your pictures might to too large to attach, in which case you have to either resize them or upload them to a hosting site -- photobucket or the like. In that case, you would post the URL to the image link (IMG)

What I mean is that the leather is cracked on the first photo and on the second, comparing to another bag of mine, it looks like it will start to crack where the stitches are.. if you understand what I mean. (The older bag is of course the one with a tanned strap.)

What I mean is that the leather is cracked on the first photo and on the second, comparing to another bag of mine, it looks like it will start to crack where the stitches are.. if you understand what I mean. (The older bag is of course the one with a tanned strap.)

To be fair, in your second photograph, you are comparing the top side of the older bag with the underside of the Palermo - not really a fair comparison.

In the first photograph, just looks like the strap has been scratched through use.