38, 38.5, 40 - do you have a VARIETY OF SHOE SIZES in your closet?

May 18, 2007
as i've gotten more and more into wearing higher end designer shoes, i've also learned a lot about shoe wear all together.

i now, more often than not, buy my boots a half size up to accommodate the swelling that i know my feet will do throughout the day and the extra room is great when i want to wear comfy socks with my boots.

i often buy my stilettos, no matter the brand, a half size to a full size up so that again, they are more wearable throughout the day.

obviously, i make sure the sizes up fit my feet comfortably.
(the best time to shop for shoes is at the end of the day when your feet will have done the natural swelling they will do. this gives you a better chance of gaging heels and their wear.)

it seems that most all high end shoes rarely fits the american standard of your "size" esp when it's stamped "made in italy" on the bottom, so i have shoes in my closes that range from size 8-9.

have you found that you have an assortment of different sizes of shoes in your closet?

what's the largest jump you've done in a size up for your shoes?

For lower end shoes, I'm either a 7 or 6.5. I have a pair of CLs in 38, but that's the biggest size, number wise, that I have. So, I suppose that's a decent variation.

Lowest- For very low end shoes and some sneakers i can wear as small as a 5.5
Normal/Real size- 6.5
Largest size- 7.. once in a blue moon.

And i've tried on CL boots where i'd need a 37.5, though i don't own any :O)

Yup. In American sizing, I'm anywhere from a 6.5 to 7.5. It just depends on the brand honestly. I can NEVER buy shoes online as shoe sizes vary so much, even within the same brand. The same goes for jeans, I must always try on jeans and shoes IN REAL LIFE.

Yep I got everything from size 37 to size 39.5. Some shoes are wider so I 'll buy a small size, some are just my size (38) and some are so snug I needed a big size.

I'm the same as lily! We have pretty much the same size feet though. I have some shoes in my closet in a 7 and then some in a 39.5. It's very hard for me to buy shoes online as well, unless I come here and consult tPF minds first :P Or, if it's a store like NM I know that I will be able to return them in person without paying return shipping. eBay is very difficult for me to buy off of unless I've tried the shoe on in person before.

I'm usually a 37 in closed toe shoes, and a 36.5 in open toe shoes. The only designer shoe labels that don't fit me within my 36.5-37 range is Prada and CL. I usually have to go a whole size down for Prada to fit and I have various CL shoes that size anywhere from 35.5 to 37. Go figure!