35 Goat Skin Rigide Kelly

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. HI Everyone!!I was just wondering if anyone has a 35 rigide kelly to share, In goat skin. I can't find one in the information threads.I would like to see if it is too stiff for it size and what everyones opinions of it, are. thank you!!P.S. I am only 5'1

2. I am 5'3" and feel that a 35 Kelly is too large for me. I have a 35 Birkin but the Birkin is in Togo and somehow doesn't look too large, probably the tote design makes the difference for my views of myself. Anyway, the largest Kelly I have is a 28. I have my eye on a 32 though which will be the largest I dare go.

3. Toonie, I'd highly recommend the same bag in a 32cm for you. Or even a 28cm. Someone just got a 35cm rouge rigide Chevre on the board...let me find it...

4. i'm 5'5" and LOVE the 35cm size for daytime -- i'd get a chevre 35 in a hearbeat! but i like large bags -- i also want a birkin 40cm.

5. You are sooooo good Greentea!

6. You guys are the greatest!!everytime I have asked a question,I get such nice fast feedback .I have a chance to get a 35 ridgid in chevre .and I remember someone saying it would be like a battering ram and ever since then, When I think of this particlur size and stiffness it makes me laugh.But I love big bags.Thank you Greentea Is that rough h ridgide?Thanks you guys:flowers:

7. What I am hoping is that goat skin is more softer or smooshie??when ridged .As opposed to. How box is. I have a box ridged.I make no sense,right:shrugs:

8. I found the thread Greentea I see it is a souple thank you

9. lucky you, toonie! what color is it?

10. I'm 5'3" and love the 35 Kelly! It really makes a statement. It's all what you are comfortable with.

11. Toonie - I'm 5'0 and have a 35 rigide Chevre Kelly (the RougeH one pictured is souple). It is softer than the same size in other leathers - (I also have a 35 in Vache Liegee).

Here's the thing to remember: many girls on this board are partial to smaller size Kellys - they are petite, ladylike bags and absolutely lovely for that purpose. But the 35 (even rigide) is not a "large" bag sizewise if you are used to "normal" non-Hermes bags - the 35 Birkin is much larger because of its depth - the 35 Kelly is considerably smaller and not a true oversized bag at all.

Just as the 28's and 32's have their look, the 35 also has one: as lovehermes pointed out, it makes more of a statement, but it also adds a slight edge to the bag that the smaller size doesn't have. I especially like the 35 in color.

The only thing I can tell you is that the 35 probably won't feel large to you (you mentioned that you love big bags and this isn't even that big) - unless you are wanting a more traditional dainty look. Certain colors and leathers are better as 25's, 28's and 32's, just as others are great as 35's, so it all depends on your perception - I don't think you have to worry about it being a battering ram in any event though.:lol:

12. ^^ agree!:yes:

13. ^^ disagree 1000% -- you should pass.

now, where do i go to buy it? :devil:

14. The 35 kelly bags are quite stunning, (but a little big for me). I hope you will love it when you get it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice