35 cm kelly - love it or hate it?

I got a 35 in the Kelly Flat and like the size. I'm thinking of getting another one in a regular 35 Kelly in dark brown. The size 35 has so much room without being too big. I'm actually considering a 40cm Kelly as well.

This would be the question - 35 vs. 40. Putting letter size files or papers in a 35 works in a pinch, but they go easily in a 40. I probably would only buy one of the two - any thoughts as between the 2?

My kellys are in the small handbag sizes, 25, 28 and 32. A friend carries a 35 and a 40 (she's 5'10'), but uses them for her laptop and files, as opposed to a handbag. For the office every day I'd definitely consider getting a 40! Even stuffed it looks chic.

attachment.php

(yuck, trouser length all wrong!)

Thanks for the picture - the bag looks great on you.

PS I dont think your trouser length is wrong - perfect length for chunky boots.

Thanks allaboutnice. That 35 does look nice on you. Makes me rethink the 35. I do like the gold color on a kelly too. My first choice is a black kelly. After that, it will be a gold kelly.

OMG Jedimaster, I have been obsessing over the kelly 35. I know I said no H for me in 2008, but I'm seriously contemplating calling my SA. I have the Kelly 32 and I'm thinking I want the 35 for travel.

Allaboutnice, that looks gorgeous on you!!
Man, why did I read this thread?? I might have just stumbled upon Push Present #2: a 35 Kelly! :s I'm thinking retourne in a bright (blue jean??? do I dare??) so I can have a casual Kelly.

Oh, BTW, I used to have an older 40cm Kelly, pre-double loop for shoulder strap. Since it didn't come with a shoulder strap, and I never bothered to get one, I found it to be much too heavy and awkward for me to carry, even in Courcheval. Finally sold it in a consignment shop because it just sat in my closet for 5-7 years--used it rarely as an overnight bag, but even then I'd make DH carry it. Bear in mind, though, that I'm really, really short and that might have had something to do with the size being totally wrong for me.

35cm in Rotourne only. Though personally I prefer the 32cm Rotourne on me I couldn't get the 35cm in BJ that icechick has out of my mind. She totally rocks that bag!

it's a terrific bag! i love it, it's very chic in the right color, leather and style that gives a look the 32 (which is the perfect bag for almost everybody) does not do in its understated elegant way. the 35 kelly is a good alternative for a birkin on those days you want a little extra style and glam but without giving up the ability to carry all the things you need. hard to stuff shoes in a 35 kelly though LOL!!!

I have a 35cm black fjord Kelly and it is my alternative to a 35 black Birkin. More chic. HC I think you could get a pair of ballet flats or Tod's driving loafers. I will have to try it. How big are your feet?;)