32cm Kelly Owners - Need some input!!!

^kuo: yes your ostrich gave me a perfect plan ! When I saw yours weeks ago I asked you about it because I also thought its perfect! *but I would like to wait for a ostrich as my 3rd Kelly or something like that* hehe.... Soooo I'm going with the oridinary leathers first!

Ahh I can't wait till tomorrow!!!! *H time yahhhhhh* hehe

Just an update about my dilemma...
It turns out my bag is ORDERED soooooooooo that means I can't change the leathers *sigh* and actually the color I want doesn't come in chevre or vache liegee *booooooo*

I cannot make up my mind but I guess I'll wait till it comes to see it and see if I love it. I wanted to place another order (in chevre) but I figure I should wait and see the first order before I decide on a second. In case they both come at the same time! hehe...

Now I've seem a wonderful White Bolide in clemence *eh hm* and its tempting...but I know if I get the Bolide I might not have enough funds for my Kelly when it arrives (its going to be sooner than my SA quoted me)....ahh I'm confused! I cannot buy 3 clemence bags in a row I'll kick myself for not getting a variety!

Oh and I decided in the meantime I got an Evelyne and a twilly hehe.... :smile:

Thanks for reading and sorry for the LONG post once again!

Yorelica,
It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Here are the pictures of a sellier Kelly and a retourne Kelly. Both in the same colour. You can compare and judge for yourself what appeals to you.

Sellier
vert anis sellier kelly.jpg

Retourne
Vert Anis Kelly.jpg

mrsS : aww thank-you for the direct comparison photos! I like them both! they are dead gorgeous! are your kelly's chevre? I'm worried because what I order is clemence (see I originally thought slouchy problem solved if I change the leather but its too late to change the leather!)
I think I've actually decided that 32 retourne is the way to go because I want a bigger and more "everyday" bag but I'm a bit bummed because I cannot change my order anymore. Ack!
Anyways I'm going to hunt around for photos of Clemence 32 kelly's over 3 years old and see how they "become".

Togo and clemence retourne will slouch over time. It really depends how you like your bags! I have a 32cm sellier Kelly and a 25cm retourne Kelly ... both are chevre. I like retourne in 28cm or smaller and it is much easier to open. I also like the look of the strap better in smaller Kellys. Since I don't like slouchy Kellys, I prefer sturdier leathers such as box, epsom, vache liegee and chevre!

I'm 4'10" and even though my 32cm sellier Kelly might look a bit big on me, I still love it!

La Van: well my plan is to get a sellier in 28cm or smaller; and 32 retourne because I also love the look of both!

Now my new concern is: if I don't end up taking my order will they be upset? Because I don't want to them to be upset at me IF I end up rejecting my order. Anyone been through this?

Yorelica,

The picture of the Vert Anis Sellier Kelly belongs to archangel. I forgot to mention that. (archangel, where are you?)

As for the retourne Kelly, that's mine and it's in Togo :heart: .

In principle, I like my bags to hold its shape. But I have to say that I have made 2 exceptions to this principle. Firstly, the JPG shoulder Birkin. It only comes in clemence unless it's a SO. It would have been heavenly if it comes in chevre but I was told goat skin is not big enough to make a 42cm shoulder birkin, so I accepted clemence because I love the style. Secondly and specifically to the Kelly, it's the sellier that I am after because I want my Kelly to hold its shape. And I specifically said it must be box calf. But when the Vert Anis came, I fell in love with the colour, and it didn't matter if it is sellier or retourne anymore.

Yes bags that hold its shape are indeed give the "WOW" factor of elegance much much more than slouchy!

Oh your retourne is togo? the color is incredible. I adore "green" shades too! They are so cheerful!

Since the order is put in, I would wait and see what it looks like when it arrives! Don't worry about it too much until then... if you love it then, then go for it! If not, don't worry too much about your SA's feelings - it's like $7200 Cdn so that's way too much money to spend on something you hve lukewarm feelings for.

I do know what you mean about the slouchy/elegance thing... for me, I love slouchy textured Birkins since it just gives this great work/casual-chic vibe, but I like Kelly's to hold their shape since they seem more formal to me. ITA with the rigid 28 and the souple 32... from what I've seen, I think the Togo/Clemence leathers look great on a 32 since it is more casual, but then I'd go with a studier leather like Box/Chamonix/Chevre in the 28.

tweetie: I think she quoted me 8000 + the taxes ! Argh!!! Sometimes I get so mad for living in Canada lol...

The twilly cost 150 here! Sorry don't mind me complaining :smile:

Greentea: I got a gold clemence! hehe

tweetie: I think she quoted me 8000 + the taxes ! Argh!!! Sometimes I get so mad for living in Canada lol...

The twilly cost 150 here! Sorry don't mind me complaining :smile:

Greentea: I got a gold clemence! hehe

Ooh, this is exciting - you have an Evelyne now and a Twilly - you'll have to post pics!
Ouch, have they gone up? - The 32 Souple is $8000 Cdn?? :wtf: (that's sooo off the current exchange rate - but I do remember that our markup is similar to the Aussie girls here). My brother was just in TO a couple of weeks back and I thought he said it was in the $7300 range for the Kellys they had in stock? Aargh! Looks like I won't be buying much from Hermes Toronto when I'm there next month :sad:

tweetie: hehe yes an the clic-clac enamel bracelet I got a couple weeks ago *tiny tiny things~~~ No I am shy to post pics! :shame:

Well she said the expected price by the time I get it (2007) it would be around there. I need to move! :roflmfao: