32cm HAC

I think you ladies have convinced me that a HAC 32 is the right bag for me. 35 looks huge on me (I'm 5'2) and since I tend to carry gazillions of junk in my bag, I tend to stuff my 30 to the brim. Gina's and Shopmom's box HAC are TDF!:love: :love:

Girl don't let this bag go because a 30cm Birkin in the color your requesting won't come for a long time, those are just impossible to get. Better safe than sorry!

Hello everyone, I would like to share my Birkin story with you, as I desparately need your help to make a decision on a 32cm HAC URGENTLY!!:sos:

In order to live happily ever-after with my husband, I have agreed to only ever purchase one Birkin bag (or HAC or Kelly) due to obvious reasons - price! And I am determined to purchase this 'bag of my life' only from an Hermes store.

I must decide whether to buy the HAC without knowing what it looks like on me, or whether my wrist would fit through the handles (this is important for me).

I need to decide in the next 8-10 hours to either:
1) purchase the HAC sight unseen; or
2) give it up and hope not to regret later.

:sweatdrop: Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.
Hello B or HAC,

I'm 5'1" & have tried the Birkin 30, Birkin 35 and HAC 32. I posted my comments here...post #101

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...-members-hermes-items-42228-7.html#post914534

In terms of "prestige factor" - I do feel that the HAC is just as impeccably & well-crafted as a Birkin. In fact, the HAC is the first bag made by Hermes back in 1892 for holding riding boots (hence the taller shape). The Birkin, which was designed in the 80's, is largely based on the shape & design of the HAC. Personally, I love this "aura" of history surrounding the Sac A Main Haut A Courroie 32! :heart: But most importantly, I buy the HAC as it looks great on me & fits my lifestyle :smile:

Price wise, it costs about the same as a Birkin 30. I do know of customers who have yet to own a Birkin, will insist on a Birkin & not consider the HAC at all. I honestly am very happy with both my HAC 32 (I have a Birkin 30) and have never regretted a single moment that they are not Birkins. However, if there is that slightest & tinest doubt in you, & you are going to get just ONE bag, I would really urge you to see a HAC in person before you make your purchase decision. Another thing is about the color etoupe - you need to see this in person & decide for yourself whether you will love it..

Hope this helps! :flowers:

Hello B or HAC,

I'm 5'1" & have tried the Birkin 30, Birkin 35 and HAC 32. I posted my comments here...post #101

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-r...-members-hermes-items-42228-7.html#post914534

In terms of "prestige factor" - I do feel that the HAC is just as impeccably & well-crafted as a Birkin. In fact, the HAC is the first bag made by Hermes back in 1892 for holding riding boots (hence the taller shape). The Birkin, which was designed in the 80's, is largely based on the shape & design of the HAC. Personally, I love this "aura" of history surrounding the Sac A Main Haut A Courroie 32! :heart: But most importantly, I buy the HAC as it looks great on me & fits my lifestyle :smile:

Price wise, it costs about the same as a Birkin 30. I do know of customers who have yet to own a Birkin, will insist on a Birkin & not consider the HAC at all. I honestly am very happy with both my HAC 32 (I have a Birkin 30) and have never regretted a single moment that they are not Birkins. However, if there is that slightest & tinest doubt in you, & you are going to get just ONE bag, I would really urge you to see a HAC in person before you make your purchase decision. Another thing is about the color etoupe - you need to see this in person & decide for yourself whether you will love it..

Hope this helps! :flowers:

Well said Gigi :heart:
I love my hac too :yahoo: :yahoo:

32 is a great size ! 35 can look abit too huge :wlae:

Hello everyone, I would like to share my Birkin story with you, as I desparately need your help to make a decision on a 32cm HAC URGENTLY!!:sos:

In order to live happily ever-after with my husband, I have agreed to only ever purchase one Birkin bag (or HAC or Kelly) due to obvious reasons - price! And I am determined to purchase this 'bag of my life' only from an Hermes store.

I have personally visited Hermes stores in 5 countries in the last 2 months in search of a Birkin, or even just to get on a waitlist. I have no existing relationships with an SA in any of these stores. Here's what happened at each store:

- Hong Kong and Singapore told me the waitlists have been closed for 2 years, and when there is a cancellation they will call the next person on the waitlist.

- London told me Birkins are simply not available.

- Paris (flagship) told me that they get regular deliveries and I need to be lucky to walk in on one, but said they had none on that particular day (the only day I was in Paris) - I suspect this is because I'm not a regular customer.

- Bangkok told me they can put me on a waitlist if I spend a minimum of several thousand dollars (US$).

3 weeks ago, I managed to order a Birkin through a contact who is a regular customer (I wasn't there), but visited a different city's store to look at the colour/leather samples (I travel frequently). I decided to go with a 30cm Etoupe Clemence or Cognac Chevre Coromandel with Palladium hardware. My contact told me that the order would not take too long - although I don't know what "too long" means.

Yesterday, I received a surprise phone call from the SA at the store where I chose the colour & leather (not in the same country as my order) to inform me that they have a 32cm HAC in Etoupe, but she could only hold it for me for 1 day.

Even though I'm not petite (I'm 5'7" and wear size 6), I find the 35cm Birkin too large for my preference. I don't know if I would like the 32cm HAC as much as the 30cm Birkin since I have never seen a 32cm HAC. Etoupe is my ideal colour, and I don't know how long I would have to wait to get my hands on a 30cm Birkin in this colour.

I don't know if HAC's are much easier to find, or whether I just got really lucky. I also don't know if there is any difference in the perceived prestige of a Birkin vs. HAC, whether the Birkin is the ultimate status symbol, being the most coveted bag (is it more desirable than the HAC?) - yes, I am a little shallow, remember I only get to buy one!

I'm also curious to know whether 2006 bags ("J"?) are more desirable than 2005 bags (if both are brand new from the Hermes store)?

I am again travelling at the moment (there are no Hermes stores here), so I must decide whether to buy the HAC without knowing what it looks like on me, or whether my wrist would fit through the handles (this is important for me).

I need to decide in the next 8-10 hours to either:
1) purchase the HAC sight unseen; or
2) give it up and hope not to regret later.

:sweatdrop:

Any help/thoughts would be much appreciated.

We are the same size :P
I find the 32 hac perfect for me !

My question is, do you like etoupe colour ? If yes, take it !! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks, everyone! Especially Gigi.

I have convinced the SA to hold it for 1 more day, until I can go to the boutique to take a look.

If I buy the HAC and use it until my Birkin arrives (I'm on the waitlist, don't know how long it'll take - could be at least a year), will it be difficult to sell a gently used HAC? Are HAC's as easy to sell as Birkins? What percentage of the original cost would I be able to get back?

Will up date you on whether or not I take the plunge tomorrow. Am very excited!

I always thought I'd want a Birkin over a HAC, but when I saw the HAC in blue jean I fell in love. I say see it in person if you can or check out that wonderful girl that has the Marron Fonce in HAC 32.
I'm 5'8" and a size 8 and I feel its the perfect size for me.:love:
But please see it in person!

I'm one of those who have yet to own a Birkin but I'm so glad that I consider a HAC instead of passing it on. I absolutely :heart: my 32cm HAC. I've tried a 30cm birkin before and I find it kinda tiny (I'm only 5.3").

Well, I'm not sure if you're able to sell the HAC later at a good price but who knows, you might be able to convince your husband that you REALLY need both. They're afterall different. :nuts:

Good luck! :angel: